Delicious Meal !

Tirza T.
on 2/25/12 5:23 am
VSG on 01/17/12
So my baby has been really ill for a week. Last night at 2am she vomited everywhere....so I was up all night. Needless to say I ruined my typical schedule and did not have my protein shake (28grams of protein) this morning.  So I had to think of meals that would pack in more protein at once. At 2PM  I had a salmon filet that I put under the broiler in my oven. When it was almost cooked I put a 1/4 cup of red kidney beans mixed with organic (very fresh) spicy salsa on top. I let that heat up a little (only about 2 minutes) which cooked the fish all of the way through and kept my salsa and beans from getting mushy and retaining its color. OMG it was one of the most delicious things I have eaten in a long time! I didn't add any salt, pepper or anything. I am shocked how flavorful it was. The fish had 120 cals and 21g of protein. 2 Tbsp of salsa was 10 calories and the beans were 4 grams of protein and 55 calories. I don't know the net carb count off hand but ,it was low.  It was very delicious and definitely sleeve friendly. I wish I had photography skills like Frisco, because it was also very colorful and appealing to look at and I would have shared its beauty...LOL
I know having a love addiction to our food can contribute to our excessive weight but, I was glad I could still find so much pleasure from food while remaining on plan with a much healthier option than what I would have eaten before.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Tirza T.
on 2/25/12 5:26 am
VSG on 01/17/12
Also, I am embarrassed being a part of Italian-American culture because my cooking skills are lacking and I like everything to be quick. This seriously only took a couple of minutes to cook and it tasted great!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Lynnww666
on 2/25/12 5:47 am - Canada
It does sound deli****hink I'll put it on my "to try soon" list.
Thanks for sharing.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Pooch2
on 2/25/12 5:51 am
Sounds yummy and itf fits in my current stage yea.  I hope your baby is better and you get some sleep and back on schedule, if that's possible with a baby in the house....
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
SassyItalian
on 2/25/12 8:14 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
sounds like a really healthy, delicious meal

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

jovi_34
on 2/25/12 10:09 am - TX
VSG on 10/11/11 with
Sounds yummy :)
Check me out at : www.jovanyneal.scentsy.us  for all your Scentsy needs     

HW:256  CW: 243  SW:231   GW: 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question