Does one's Journey really ever end?

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/12 11:10 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Zowie girlie!  You have done an amazing job!!

I agree with you, maintenance is rubber meets the road.  For some of us, its more of a consistent challenge than others but that is aokay!  :} 

Again, you have done a wonderful job!!
Everchanging
on 2/25/12 11:35 pm - NY
VSG on 03/13/12
Wow,Thats all i can truly say.Seeing this post this morning really does give me hope that i one day will be that successful.I'm 27 and i weigh 468.6 pounds and to see how far you have come has lighten my heart because i see that it can be done,You have inspired me this morning.I know that this is not an easy journey and that i will have bump however there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm on a Everchanging journey.       

calicandy
on 2/25/12 11:39 pm
Your story is soooo wonderful! My chest puffed out in pride for you. Keep up the GREAT work!
Maureen K.
on 2/26/12 12:03 am
 Wow you are such an inspiration for all you look amazing and I'm sure feel so amazing. You are correct it is a life long struggle every single day but so worth it I think we all remain that fat person in our heads I know I am I do not see myself as others see me and some days I am angered by the way society treats me vs the way they use to treat me but every step every pain was totally worth it . I am so happy for you and your success you are beautiful smart and strong inside and out you are such a success story and such an inspiration even a hero in my eyes some people say this surgery was the easy way out and cheating but we who have been thru it know the struggles and how hard it is emotionally and physically you are awesome congrats 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

brownowl
on 2/26/12 12:31 am
WOW YOU ARE AMAZING AND WHAT A INSPIRATION TO EVERYBODY , i had to look at your pictures four times well done, and what a great post, my VSG buddie is 4 years post op now and has been in maintenance from 10 months she only weighs one a month to keep in check and allows 5lb leaway after that she goes back to basics for a few weeks while the extra weight comes off she does eat anything ,she wants, but in very little portions, my cousin had her stomach stapled in 1985 and lost 8 stones she is 64 year old now and still  keeps her weight stable by the same princibles she doesnt let food rule her life and her stomach hasnt strech and still eats a balanced healthy diet , if she wants a treat she has one, and only weighes her self now and again i think this is a nice maintenance plan that when i am goal i will copy, good luck with your hernia repair xxxxxx
theshrinkingmimi
on 2/26/12 12:36 am
Awesome progress. You inspire me to not settle. I used to want to just get to the 220s. But people like you made me realize that I could shoot for more.

Now, on to  the journey question...

Is it ever over? Yes, when you are dead.  If this is a new lifestyle or even a new life, then it is over when I'm over.  Taking care of my health is part of who I am now.  People who see this as  temporary process are gonna be in for a rude awakening.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
BriarRose
on 2/26/12 12:45 am
WOW. JUST WOW. You have done an amazing job ! I don't know you , but I am soooo proud of you !!! I know this may sound silly, but I still have about 10 pounds to lose, but I took a break from losing, and wanted to see if I could maintain this weight for awhile. I got scared that if I couldn't, then why bust my butt for these last pounds that just don't want to budge.

But after the last 4 months of maintaining my weight, AND after seeing your pictures....I think I might be ready to jump back on the loser's train for the last pu**** had been sooo hard to get those few pounds off, and then I got scared that if I couldn't lose the last 10, maybe I couldn't keep it off either...but with daily exercise, and activity and healthy eating, I've done just that....think MAYBE I'm ready...
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/12 12:56 am
Lady, you are an inspiration to us all.  I had to look at your pictures a few times and then I called my husband over and shared them with him, we are both so very impressed with you and your commitment to your health.  I would agree with you 100%, this journey never ends, it is a life long commitment to health.  We can all easily go right back to being obese if we "forget" to use our tool.  This is partially why I continue to read and post on the site, I want to keep my head in the game for life.  Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and leading by example.
loverofcats
on 2/26/12 1:35 am
Wow!! I am speechless. You have made such a wonderful and beautiful transformation on the outside. I can only imagine how different you must feel on the inside. It must seem surreal at .times. With each picture, the light of happiness was more evident in your eyes. You look like a different person.

The journey never ends as I am finding out. There is always something around the next corner. For me, maintenance is all about appreciating my new body, new energy, ability to move and to exercise, and feeling grateful everyday for the second chance at a healthier and more active life. I continue to practice the same behaviors that helped in the weight loss i.e. tracking my food, daily weighing, support groups, exercise, and feeling gratitude. WLS is truly a gift and will serve us well, if remember how to use it.

Good luck during your journey. Your story is truly inspirational and amazing. You must feel so proud of yourself.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Pooch2
on 2/26/12 2:43 am
First, Congratulations on such amazing transformation, into the healthy person you have become.   Second, the very best of success to you for this hernia and skin removal procedure, coming up.  Lastly, my hope is that; VSG will be as powerful a tool for maintenance, as it is for weight loss.   I have twice lost 100 pounds but have never been successful at maintenance.    Sadly, I only have statistics to wonder about for the future.  I feel optimistic, if we keep using the tools we have gathered, forever, we can be in the upper percentile, of the stats for long term success.

I can never (and I sense you feel the same way), drop my guard against the thinking that got me here.   I trust, I can re-learn enough positive choice habits/responses, to overcome my prior patterns and the not so healthy relationship I had with using food.  (using the tools not using prior thinking)

I carefully read the posts from you veterans on this forum and I have yet to be overwhelmed that, maintenance is as easy a task (long term), as the initial weight loss seems to be!   (but there are less of you)   Of course we are all different and a statistic of one and everything depends upon what we put into it.  So cheers, here's too a successful maintenance, We Can Do This.... (if we continue to work at doing this) 
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 436 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views