3months post op appt

P_B
on 2/27/12 12:43 pm - Norfolk, VA
So I saw my rocking dr today, I'm at 50% excess weight loss he's saidi am losing faster than most of his patients.
I am no longer allowed to take the fiber pills either which is pretty upsetting cause he told me to start eating the Metamucil wafers, I bought some today they are tasty but they have 15 freaking g of carbs andim so torn cause on a regular day I get only 10 a day max do I take the pills or eat the wafers???
Other than the carb issue which he told me to relax and eat what I wanted (within reason obviously.)
I no longer am anemic!!! Weird how weight loss has cured my anemia that's been battled for 4 years now.
I'm down from a 22 to a 14 in pants and 2x to a large shirt
Down over 50% excess weight
Not much more to go till my surgeons goal which he amended from 180 to 169
Sleeves rock!!!

loser2be
on 2/27/12 12:56 pm - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
Great job, why no more fiber pills

Jill

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/12 1:12 pm
I wouldn't do the wafers, but that's me and my desire to reduce carbs.  I would stay with what has worked for you so far.  Again, that is just my opinion.
P_B
on 2/27/12 1:16 pm - Norfolk, VA
He prefers us to take the afters cause you can drink with them, this pills are big but don't bother me though... Also He told be that the wafers are more effective and If I don't take something I don't go for a week and that is a literal hint :x
I do well on lower carbs and I'm terrified that if I up my carbs drastically my loss will slow :/

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/12 1:34 pm
Wow! What a fantastic post op appointment. I bet you are happy, happy, happy! Not sure what to tell you about the carb thing. I'm now starting to take the fiber pills because nothing else has worked so far and I'm tired of the difficulty of the situation. If those fiber pills are working for you, I wouldn't switch, but that's just my opinion - especially since I'd love for something to be working for me! LOL!
melz1974
on 2/27/12 2:51 pm
VSG on 07/10/12
I'm way too new to tell you what to do about the fiber intake.  But I'm not too new to give you a great big KUDOS for doing so well!!  Congrats!!!
Shagdoll
on 2/27/12 2:55 pm
I just wants to say congratulations on losing 50% of your excess weight already at 3 months!!! . That is a huge accomplishment right there!!!
Kevin H.
on 2/27/12 3:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Congrats on your success!  Great job!
ladyshai27
on 2/27/12 7:22 pm - SC
 What fiber pills are you taking? BTW: Great 3 month update!!!!!!! 
Trob1977
on 2/27/12 7:57 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 04/03/12
 Great Job!! I also would like to know what fiber pills were you taking?