3 weeks post op.

Shannon_K
on 2/27/12 8:51 pm - OK
 I got on the scales today and somehow  I'm up 5 pounds.   How is that possible.  I was 5 pounds less a day ago.  You would think I ate cheeseburgers or something. I am so upset. I was down 18 but now looks like 13 since surgery. Not happy. Should I try liquid all day again to drop the weight.  I'm still on puréed food.    
doggz109
on 2/27/12 8:57 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Stay off the scale would be my advice.  You didn't gain five pounds of fat.....so chill.  Stick to your program.....don't go trying to tweak anything.

Second....do a search on this forum for "3 week stall".  It's practically famous.  Just about everyone goes through it.  You just need to be consistent and stick it out.

This weight loss journey is going to have TONS of ups and downs and you need to find a way to deal with them (mentally) and stay consistent.

Good luck!
Phatchick
on 2/27/12 8:58 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Is it getting close to that time of month? As women we deal with the fluctuations with our hormones. You will be fine. Keep up the good work. Sharon

Happy966
on 2/27/12 9:17 pm

Hi Shannon!  This is a long, long journey.  You will make yourself crazy if you question what you're doing every time you step on the scales.

You cannot control the scale.  You can control what you eat and drink, you can control how much you move, but you are not in charge of the scale.  You have a program, do your best to follow it.  Trust your body to take good care of you, if you take care of her.  If she needs an extra 5 pounds of fluids to heal up, let her have it!  Relax, trust the process.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Maureen K.
on 2/27/12 9:24 pm
 Ok let's put things into perspective three weeks 18 or 13 lbs could you have done that pre surgery like the others said this is a long journey you will have ups and downs and stalls with the scale just keep following the rules and it will work I stalled at two weeks post op and didn't lose anything for five long weeks but here to tell you it works I reached goal at 8 months and below at one year and have been maintaining for three and a half years now our bodies fluctuate I still go up three lbs evey now and then for no reason I just don't let it get more than that hang in there follow the rules and you are going to do fine and stop beating yourself up your body has just had traumatic surgery and freaking out because you are changing the way it is use to it is just adjusting and fighting g back but show it who is boss you will win best wishes 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

kitsyb
on 2/27/12 10:08 pm - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I was sleeved 5 weeks ago yesterday.  After 2.5 weeks I came to a standstill.  That lasted 2.5 weeks.  Yesterday the scale dropped 4 lbs over the weekend and I feel great.  Just keep off the scale and keep doing what the doc & NUT say!  Your body is just healing, adjusting and also holding on to anything it can because it thinks you are in a starvation mode.  It will let go eventually.
Rosemary1031
on 2/27/12 10:17 pm - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Wow - same thing is going on with me, same numbers too, and 3 weeks out as well. My weigh in days are Mondays, and when I weighed yesterday I had gained two lbs. I got upset about it, as well, and it bugged me all night. I tinkled this AM and then weighed (obsessed much?) and I was back down those two lbs.

Everyone here is right - we can't get bent out of shape over the scale. There will be good weeks and then bad but we have to trudge on and stick to our plans. I can definitely say I feel a huge difference in my body and energy and that keeps me very motivated.

Good luck!

Shannon_K
on 2/27/12 11:18 pm - OK
 Very true I know I didn't eat enough calories to gain they much weight. I will jus****ch my protein and know I feel great an that's all that matters.  Thanks everyone.  It did freak me out.  Headed out to meet my trainer.  Sleeve you later. ;)
AzureAurora
on 2/27/12 11:53 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
Sounds like we are in the same boat and the same surgery date. Mine was Feb 6/12.  I have not lost anything (today is 5th day)  since Friday. I am really trying to weigh only once a week but checked this am and nothing. The "famous three week stall" arghh!!
Hang in there

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

Kevin H.
on 2/28/12 1:13 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I am 3 weeks post op and my weight loss has slowed down to a halt too.  I just walked a mile on the treadmill and i'll try to do it again this evening to get my body jump started again moving in the right direction.

I'm sure its just temporary.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 386 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 419 views