Coping well after husband left

NUJoyce
on 2/28/12 9:25 pm - Hayward, CA
So after 7 1/2 years of marriage my husband announced 12 days ago he wasn't happy in the marriage, 2 days later he moved out to a residential hotel for a week to figure out what to do, 7 days later he said he was only staying for our daughter (age 4).  I told him that wasn't a marriage and not fair to me so it was best that we both move on.   He stayed here Monday and Tuesday nights and this morning he left for work with his suitcase.   He found a room to rent in a nearby city with a co-worker 

I am doing really well.   Before surgery I would have eaten to make myself better but now I am in control and doing well.   I have lost weight since all of this happened.   I am working with a counselor.   I am taking care of me and our daughter.  

The funny thing is that we didn't fight or anything.... he just seemed disconnected for the past several weeks.   So there isn't any anger at this point.  So I am keeping my chin up and will forge ahead with my new normal.   Ready for bumps along the way.

Phatchick
on 2/28/12 9:45 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
I'm very sorry for your loss. I am happy you are not using food to mask your emotions about this. I pray this works out for you. Marriage is very hard as you know. It takes such hard work. I adore my husband, but we too have our valleys. I know this may sound corny to some, but prayer is what gets us through. I am of an age, that unless he is disrespecting me, I am going to fight to keep my marriage. I would not have thought like that in my 20's and 30's.  Blessings my dear, Sharon

galiaire
on 2/28/12 9:48 pm - Australia
After two and a half years of marriage, my ex-husband casually announced to me one night without any warning that he wanted a divorce. I was devastated at the time, but it got easier.

I'm proud of you for not eating your feelings, and for seeing a counsellor.  You need to take especially good care of yourself at this time, and of course good care of your daughter, but it sounds like you have that under control. Way to go!

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, the OH community will support you, and if you need someone to talk to or vent to please feel free to message me.
I believe it will all work out okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end.

happyteacher
on 2/28/12 9:54 pm
 Dang, that is tough.  Just wanted to let you know that you are amazing.  Take good care of yourself!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

kahlana
on 2/28/12 10:45 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
i am so sorry for your loss. So glad to hear you are taking care of yourself and your kiddo though. Don't forget to get the kiddo counseling too though. 'She may not seem like she needs it but its really hard for kids when their parents split and most of the time they blame themselves even if it doesn't have anything to do with them. "Hang in there! you are doing fabulous!!

My Blog My Facebook

RockinMama
on 2/29/12 12:21 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
((((HUGS))))

My hubby and I split almost 3 years ago after 7.5 years as well.  Hopefully our divorce will be final this spring.  We had a 3 year old daughter at the time and a 14 yo son (his)  who I thought were worth saving the marriage over, but he just couldn't decide if he wanted to be married or should I say, he wasn't sure if he wanted to get rid of his girlfriend.  I moved back to GA from PA with our daughter.   I have been in limbo these past couple of years, but about 6 months ago, I got over itII  And that's when I decided to make a change and  considered WLS seriously. 

I, too, am so proud of you for your self control!  Life only gets better!  You will survive this breakup if he comes to that!  PM me if you'd like.  I've got alot of resources coping with divorce I could share!

Melody
  5'7 CW:  306 SW: 300        
lnbrack
on 2/29/12 9:43 am - ALPHARETTA, GA
VSG on 02/23/12
I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER IN PRAYER,,,IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR VERY STRONG YOUR IM SURE YOUR LITTLE DAUGHTER IS SO PROUD TO HAVE SUCH A BRAVE MOM.SHARING YOUR STORY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN EASY BUT YOU DID.IM SURE YOUR GOING TO BE MORE THAN OK YOU AND YOUR BABY!

" With GOD before me who can be against me"

NUJoyce
on 2/29/12 4:43 pm - Hayward, CA
Thanks for all the support and love.   Today was a rough day but I am coping.   It is hard to get used to a new normal.   I fogot to mention that his mother thinks he is crazy (and depressed).   We live in her home and she told him that I get to stay and he has to leave......

jimbovsg
on 2/29/12 5:22 pm
it is good you are dealing with it and not using food as a coping mechanism.  Just be careful....I had a car accident Jan 8Th...and have not been eating well!  I think my "new norm" is to NOT eat when upset,,,or depressed...I lost 20lbs in 3 weeks.....I have gained back about 10.  But I don't think losing weight is always a "good thing"  I was fine at my goal weight....now I feel too skinny.  just be wary of it.....good luck.......sorry about your situation.

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/12 6:25 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Yike.  I am sorry, my friend.  Good for you to keep on taking good care of yourself.  *squeeze*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views