Reminder Reasons VSG is So Important to Me

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/5/12 5:49 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
I've been lurking on the boards for a couple of weeks now and reading tons of comments, suggestions and ideas. One of the reoccurring topics is from the newly sleeved asking themselves if they've made a mistake, etc.  So, I'm officially putting down every reason I can think of as to why this surgery is the best choice for me.  If it helps someone great, if you have more to add to it, please do.....here we go:

I want to be able to sit down beside someone without them asking me if I'm ok because I'm breathing so heavy (funny, I don't hear myself until someone brings it to my attention)

I want to be able to bend over and put my socks and shoes on without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I'd like to be able to go grocery shopping and get a basket because I'm actually going to do a lot of shopping, not because I need it to lean on to keep my back and hips from hurting.

I want to be able to drive my truck without the seatbelt strangling me or the buckle digging into my thigh.

I'd like to go to the movies and not feel like I need to take up two seats.

I want to be able to shop for clothes somewhere other than the 2 places that sell decent plus size clothes. It would be very nice to pay $20 for a pair of jeans at Old Navy instead of $50 for a pair at Lane Bryant.

I want to be able to go to King's Dominion and not have the fear I won't be able to fit on the rides.

I want to be able to go to my Dr.'s office, sit in the chairs and when I stand up, NOT have the chair try to go with me.

I'd like to be able to share a shower with my husband without having to hug the wall because it's not big enough for both of us.

I'd like to enjoy a healthy sex life. (I'll just stop right here for this one LOL)

I'd like to be able to get up from my sofa without having to rock 2 or 3 times to gain momentum.

I want to be able to wear the "come hither" thigh high leather boots, for that matter, I'd simply like to buy a pair of boots that will fit over my calves!

I want to be able to lay on my back without the fat around my neck or my boobies trying to choke me out.

I want to be able to get into some of those really cool yoga positions ( I won't even begin to describe what happened when I tried the last time!)

I want to be able to wear a skirt with stockings and NOT sound like a zipper with each step I take.

I want to be able to end my relationship with my CPAP, not because it needs to be replaced, but because I physically don't need it any more.

I want to be able to get on a scale and it have a fricking 1 as the first number instead of a 2.

I want to go to a dr. appointment and NOT have the need to lose weight be a topic of conversation.

I want to be able to go on long walks with my family and dogs.

I want to go back to the beach without the need of a head to toe cover up.

I'd like to be able to fit into my size 7 shoes that haven't been on my feet in forever because they've become too fat.

There are plenty of other things that I will probably think of and will come back and add them as they do.  I know this is the right decision for me, but I also know that in the weeks following surgery I will question my sanity and probably my hubby too for letting me go through with it.  This list will be a funny, but accurate reminder.  Thanks for reading!

bigmama3
on 3/5/12 6:10 am

Your list is great and reasons for the sleeve valid.  Good luck!!!!  I'm almost to my goal, and just ripped up my Avenue credit card.  It's great being able to buy clothes anywhere I want.

I also can't wait to go back to Hershey Park--didn't fit into the rides a few years ago.

Best to you.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/5/12 6:34 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Thank you for the encouragement!! This is a revision surgery for me, so on top of all the reasons I want this to work, I'm also fighting the fear of another surgery failure.  have fun at Hershey Park and take LOTS of pics!!!
fran67
on 3/5/12 6:19 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
OMG! I could've written that list! My day is almost here and I was starting to freak. Your post just calmed me down.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/5/12 6:42 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
First and foremost CONGRATS on your date coming up soon, I can't wait to get mine! Second, I'm so happy my post was able to help you.  Sometimes I think we forget that our words and actions directly affect people without our knowledge.  Third, you have to stay in touch and let us know how you're doing!

Elaine2
on 3/5/12 6:27 am - Atlanta, GA
It's a great list!

Take it----make it larger and tape it to the frig----bathroom mirror----in your truck----in an office drawer--- and any other place you might be when you could be feeling low or tempted to stray from your plan.

It will help you stay on track!

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/5/12 6:44 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Thank you and your ideas are excellent.  I've already printed and posted in several locations, but I didn't think of my truck LOL!
judyk62
on 3/5/12 6:43 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 Really well stated! I am going to print this out so I can refer to it in moments of weakness!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Cajun_Lady1029
on 3/5/12 6:45 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
WooHoo!! That was exactly my intent. Be sure to add to it. 
Solstyce
on 3/5/12 6:58 am - WA
VSG on 02/18/12 with
I LOVE your list! I have a list of some goals posted in my profile and yours reminded me of some I had forgotten (ie getting up from a lawn chair and leaving the chair on the ground instead of stuck to my big butt:)

Hike Mt Rainier
Zipline in Belize
Hike the Kalalau trail in Kauai
Play softball again
Have regular cycles so I can get pregnant (and have a healthy pregnancy!)

HW: 286  Consult: 276  SW:265   Pre-op: -11   1Mo -27  2Mo -11  3Mo -15  4Mo -6 (stall
UGH!)  5Mo -12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views