I can burp

LaughingCow
on 3/16/12 3:06 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I've been able to burp for the last week or so and it's made such a difference!  I think the hiatal hernia repair was making the top of my stomach too closed for air to sneak back up when it needed to.  It's cut down on my nausea a LOT.  And now that I'm not constantly worried about nausea, I am more ambitious about taking my supplements and so I'm feeling stronger.  I didn't realize that burping would set of a domino effect that would help me feel so much better!

Now that I'm not feeling like I'm constantly vascillating between feeling okay and feeling crummy, I feel like I can really focus on the exact foods and stick to my food plan they way the nutritionist wants me to. 

I'm six weeks out and adding in a few solids.  I overdid it a bit yesterday b/c I was eating while I was watching a training seminar on my computer.  I had bought what I thought was about 1/3 cup of egg salad, but after the fact, I realized that there was more egg salad buried down in the lettuce and so I'd probably eaten 1/2 cup over the course of an hour.  Too much!  Time to start measuring everything out in advance and planning the day's meals instead of just hoping that I'll be able to get a few tablespoons in twice a day. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Lisak52
on 3/16/12 4:22 am - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
It is funny you say that, I could not burp for the first 10 days. It was killing me. It felt AMAZING to finally burp. I also had a hernia repair. It must be why I could'nt burp either.
 Do you get any pain when you eat? I get very crampy even after just one bite of solids.
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

LaughingCow
on 3/16/12 6:00 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I chew my solids like crazy. I definitely get a strong squeeze/cramp at the top of my stomach if I swallow too big a bite of solids or a bite that isn't chewed well enough. I have to admit that at times I've had to take a sip of liquid to help it ease. If you're about 3 weeks out, it seems too early for solids, I think. I'm not really sure, but I was told to wait till 6 weeks. At 3 weeks, I was barely introducing mushies, and those were hard for me. I could get in about 2 Tbsp, max.

Your weight loss looks awesome! You're in the 100's!
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Lisak52
on 3/16/12 6:05 am - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
I am actually on mechanical soft now. My changeover was last sunday. This monday I get to go to regular solids. That was the program my Dr and NUT gave me.  I went home on full liquids then did puree for 2 weeks, mechanical soft 1 week, then regular food. I am staying closer to the mushy stuff for now. Feels better on my tummy.
I just broke a 1 week stall. I am a total of 31 lbs since the beginning of my journey. I was getting a bit worried when I stopped seeing the weight come off for a week. Then on the scale this morning and I was down 2.5 lbs.YAY!!
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views