Chorizo & Eggs

gabriellaz
on 3/17/12 10:43 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
I am still preop, I made chorizo with eggs, refried beans for breakfast with some hot sauce, and I decided to practice by having small bites and eating my meal without drinking anything at all till 30 minutes after. It's soo hard for me, the funny thing is that my 10 year old eats his whole meals without anything to drink and I asked him how do you do it? He was like just add a lil ketchup to your eggs and it helps, so I tried it and it worked! Lol. My question is, When we are in the mushy scrambled egg stage post op, Is it okay to have scrambled eggs with chorizo? Cause it does have protein.

Phatchick
on 3/17/12 10:55 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi I am pre-op too. Chorizo and Heuvos sounds like a perfect food to eat post-op. Great idea. Sharon

gabriellaz
on 3/17/12 11:00 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Yes, That's what I was thinking with a lil bit of fatfree refried beans on the side, lol.
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/17/12 11:12 am
I struggled with ground meats for awhile.  It took me probably 3 months before they went down ok.  That might not be the case for you, but in any event, go slow and introduce one new food at a time so you know that you tolerate it ok.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Morgan S.
on 3/17/12 11:16 am - El Cajon, CA
VSG on 01/20/12
I was afraid to eat chorizo and eggs post op cause it can be pretty greasy, even if you drain it. But the soyrizo mixed with eggs was great! I made some and ate it at work, was perfect.
SouthernmostStar
on 3/17/12 11:21 am
VSG on 01/25/12
I think I'd wait on the chorizo until trying the scrambled eggs first.  When I first moved to mushie/soft stage, I tried to introduce too many different foods over too few days.  My system did not like this one bit.  Give your stomach some time to readjust to the texture and consistency of one or two soft foods before you introduce another.  Chorizo or ground beef were definitely not on my list of okay foods from the doctor and nutritionist at that stage.

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

gabriellaz
on 3/17/12 11:33 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Ok, Thanks everyone. Yes, I will definitely take it slow, and introduce one food at a time and follow my drs meal plan. I have never tried soyrizo, heard it was good too.
kam0520
on 3/17/12 11:41 am - AL
My advice would be to try a tiny bit first.  I am almost 7 weeks out and I don't know if I could do chorizo yet.  My husband and I both have had a problem with eggs and I have not done well with heavily seasoned/spiced stuff.  I have gotten to where I can eat turkey smoked sausage no problem, we haven't tried eggs in about 3 weeks because it just sat so heavy with us.  

Good luck!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/12 11:48 am
My first soft food was scrambled egg. My stomach was in shock and I ate maybe a third of an egg and I was done. Seriously done. Within 5 minutes I had reflux and had to take an extra antacid. That being my experience, I can't recommend chorizo in your eggs.

I tried eggs again a few days later and I was able to tolerate them just fine. Not sure what your plan is, but mine didn't allow ground meat  (not pureed****il I was on full solids. Me, I'd stick with the beans and eggs. Add the chorizo down the line.
gabriellaz
on 3/17/12 12:17 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Thank you for the advice. Will do
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views