Gaining, Gaining and Gaining

Joanne0615
on 3/19/12 2:17 am
I had my surgery Feb 15,2011. I was 240 when I started and went down to 194 and stopped losing. I started to gain weight back in the last 6 months slowly. I am now 208. I don't eat a lot at meals however I do graze during the day way too much. I am so angry at myself and feel as though I'm a failure. I just made an appointment with the surgeon and I'm ashamed to even see him. Why am I doing this to myself? The thought of gaining this weight back really scares me. Is it too late for me?
Joanne                
Kevin H.
on 3/19/12 2:19 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 It's never too late.  Just start doing it again what you were doing before when you lost your weight the first time.  Are you exercising?  That is important in any weight loss program.

Joanne0615
on 3/19/12 2:23 am
I went to the gym today and walked on the treadmill for over 2 miles and that was it. So I'm trying! Thanks for your reply and support. I am really so sad today!
Joanne
Joanne                
Kevin H.
on 3/19/12 2:30 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 That is incredible progress!  See .. you know what to do :)  It's all your mind little lady :)  Get psyched up!  You can do it!  

BETHC500
on 3/19/12 11:14 am
You can do it... Get back on the horse so to speak.  Get back to basics.. start writing a journal, keep your food journal... get your feelings on paper... You can do this... You are not a failure... you hit a rough patch.... Start little by little... step by step... It will build momentum and before you know it.. boom your on your way...

tripmom02
on 3/19/12 2:22 am - NJ
 You are not a failure until you give up, and obviously you haven't since you are here! 

It is never too late, you need to get back to basics. Protein first, stop the grazing, plan out and track your meals and start exercising! You can do this, you just need to jump in with both feet and start again from scratch. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

kimbethin
on 3/19/12 2:45 am - CA
Do you go to a support group?  If there isn't one near your home, maybe you could use us as one to help you get back on track.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Joanne0615
on 3/19/12 3:12 am
There is a support group but I'm to embarrassed to face the group. They are all so successful!
Joanne                
theshrinkingmimi
on 3/19/12 7:04 am
THEY ARE NOT BETTER THAN YOU!!!!  Snap out of it. Shame is of the devil. You can do this!!

You are still restricted. Seek therapy for individual attention and guidance, but let go of the shame immediately. It is a roadblock.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
kimbethin
on 3/19/12 9:01 am - CA
Support groups are meant to be a soft place to land when you fall.  If the rest of the group is very successful, that means they may have something to teach you.  Remember we have ALL experienced failed diets.  One of my patients gave me this advice "don't F-ing quit"  You haven't really failed until you quit.  Take a few days and plan your plan and prepare some healthy meals.  Start walking, even if you need to start small, just start.  Go to your next meeting, maybe speak to the facilitator to ease you back in.  Its just too hard to do it all alone!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views