1 week out today... things I've noticed.

Debra P.
on 3/22/12 1:06 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Today I am one week out . When I left the hospital I was 235 (8 pounds up from check in) today I am 221... -14 pounds in 7 days.
 I am getting used to what "hungry" feels like... a noisy stomach with a slight "knowing" of emptiness (if that makes sense). Thirsty feels the same way, so I usually try fixing the issue with water first.
 Full feels like a quick little cramp in my upper abdomen.  
Now for the strangest feeling of all that I have never heard of talked about before.... when I need to pee, it feels like a full feeling in my lower abdomen but no "pressure" to speak of... when I go, I have to really push to get the flow to come out. I cannot really tell how "bad" I have to go or not. I don't know if this is common or what, but the feelings associated with peeing have changed. 
I had my first BM this morning and those feelings were all familiar and "normal" to me. I felt kind like a rabbit if you get my meaning... lol 
I feel great and I am thinking I will go back to work on Monday. Then again, I still have another week if I want it...
I have been shopping, out to have my manny and peddy, and drove an hour up to visit my grand kids and back... no problems, no issues. I feel stronger every day even though I am shedding the weight like a tree sheds leaves. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/12 2:01 am
I had the loss of the pressure feeling when I need to pee too.  It bothered me enough that after about a month I visited my gyno to ask about it.  He didn't find anything wrong, said that the bladder is enervated from below, not from above, so he didn't see how surgery would have affected it.

After he mentioned that the nerves come up from below, not down from above, I started wondering if it might be because I had been sleeping in a recliner instead of in bed.  Once I switched to sleeping in bed things gradually got back to normal.  I still don't get as strong an urge to go as I used to, but I do have the pressure feeling again.
Debra P.
on 3/22/12 2:54 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 WOW, yeah I was wondering if maybe the cathader had damaged nerves or something... huh. I have been sleeping laying on my side since my second day home from surgery... so, it's not the reclyner issue with me.... 

firefly2000
on 3/22/12 4:12 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 So happy to hear that you are doing well, and that you've already lost 14 lbs in 7 days! That's awesome!
Keep up the great work!
Lesley

Jen Starr
on 3/22/12 5:10 am - NJ
 I noticed the same thing and my sleeve was 3/12/12.  I thought it was maybe because the liquid was being used to hydrate me so I didn't need to pee as much or have as much in my bladder as I used to.  I thought it was weird as well but haven't asked my doctor about it yet.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views