Excercise Sucks

Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:16 am - Cypress, CA

Hey everyone!

So I've been living in maintenance land for the past three months and enjoying my new life and I realized one day that I only had a couple more things on my "list" of post-surgery accomplishments.  One of which, is running a 5K.  And I mean running, not walk/jogging or whatever.  Like, you know, signing up and being IN IT TO WIN IT. 

So I start up the 'ol Couch to 5K program and I'm currently in week five. Anywho, I just wanted to vent that I really can't stand exercising. I didn't like it when I was fat and I don't care for it now. People ask me, "But don't you feel GREAT afterward?" 

No.

I don't feel good afterward.  I feel horrible and I can't sleep and it stresses me out. I don't understand people who get that natural high from exercise. I never have had it and I never will.  But I am committed to a 5K and I am committed to maintaining my weight loss so here I am. 

Otherwise, things are great!  I hope there are some people still around *****member the Waffleking. I'm still around and still LOVING MY SLEEVE!  

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

M. Nguyen
on 3/29/12 5:20 am - TX
i agree with you completely..it does suck!..even still you are committed. You're 'in it to win it!' =)

Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:26 am - Cypress, CA
Haha! Totally!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

TheBiscuit
on 3/29/12 5:21 am - TX
Are you just doing cardio, or weight lifting as well? I HATE running. I don't care what weight I'm at, I will never like it. It's boring and I never feel like I accomplished anything when I'm done. Right with ya on that one.

I do love lifting weights, though. You feel it the whole way thru, that burn of stressing your muscles, the sore/tightness later in the day. Not to mention how cool it is to see visible results from bigger biceps and abs! 
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:28 am - Cypress, CA
Yes, I've been doing pushups and working with free-weights on the days I don't jog and I like that a LOT better and I'm looking forward to building my upper body.  Unfortunately, most of my focus has been on the 5K though.

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

TheBiscuit
on 3/29/12 5:33 am - TX
 Here's a Wiki you might glean some enjoyment from.

http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh%27s_Worksheet_(WIP) 

There might be some colorful language (haven't gotten all the way thru), as it is made with 20-30 year olds in mind, but they're absolutely spot on as far as training advice and sets/reps. GREAT tool for men looking to bulk up after they're done losing weight. I take bits here and there where I can, being as I am a girl and not everything applies LOL. Good stuff though.
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:42 am - Cypress, CA
Wow, thank you! I've TOTALLY been looking for something like this!! 

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

GAFROMVA
on 3/29/12 11:12 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 That's a very informative link ... 
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
bunnymom
on 3/29/12 5:25 am
I know, I know. If we can find something we truly love to do, then it is a breeze. For me--put any kind of exercise to music and I am DOWN with an hour a day.
Bunnymom            
Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:29 am - Cypress, CA
Hmmmm...maybe I can find a nude beach to run up and down? Hahaha ZING!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views