Too much time to think

Elaine N.
on 4/1/12 7:12 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 I began this journey in January when I attended a WLS seminar.  I just Know this is the
right thing for me to do.  Then I worked toward a March surgery date but things at work
have led me to delay surgery until June.  The problem is, now I kept second guessing myself.
Maybe if I just keep drinking 2 shakes a day and really stick to that I could lose. (Never mind that
I've pretty much been doing that at least 4 days a week and have only lost 5 lbs in the last month)  Maybe I would be happy to stay where I am? (But would I stay where I am or would I gain 
even more and right now I'm close to 300 which scares me.)  See, just too much time to 
think.  Anyone have any ideas to keep myself pumped up and really prepare myself for
this?

God will turn our weakness into strength.
Ms. Poker Face
on 4/1/12 7:30 am
If dieting and exercise and shakes and weigh****chers and cabbage soup would work for us, then we wouldn't be fat in the first place.  We've been through a lot of options and are simply not finding the success we need for our health and our future.  So we turn to WLS.  And it gives us a tool to do this!  To be healthier in the long term!

I love my sleeve and would do it all over again!!!!!!!!!

P.S. your emotions and feelings right now are very normal.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

nursemichele613
on 4/1/12 7:32 am - MI
VSG on 04/22/12
Hi Elaine,

I just read the forums and success stiories and all the NSV's. I also go on a few blogs and websites (Like eggface.com). I can't even imagine wanting to stay where I am at! I feel like crap, I don't have much energy, and I just plain HATE being FAT!!  I want a new lease on the second half of my life (I'm 47...turning 48 in June). I just know the sleeve will be a tool I can utilize to reach my goal weight and enjoy a very happy and productive "second act"! 
    Come on...join me! I am being sleeved in April...I'll save a spot on the Loser's Bench for you!! :)

BeatrizS1974
on 4/1/12 10:15 am
Sounds like your making excuses!  You need to set the date and stick with it!  If you haven't lost the weight on your own chances are your not going to ever do it.  

Hope i wasn't too harsh!
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 11:00 am - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, Elaine N. wrote:
 I began this journey in January when I attended a WLS seminar.  I just Know this is the
right thing for me to do.  Then I worked toward a March surgery date but things at work
have led me to delay surgery until June.  The problem is, now I kept second guessing myself.
Maybe if I just keep drinking 2 shakes a day and really stick to that I could lose. (Never mind that
I've pretty much been doing that at least 4 days a week and have only lost 5 lbs in the last month)  Maybe I would be happy to stay where I am? (But would I stay where I am or would I gain 
even more and right now I'm close to 300 which scares me.)  See, just too much time to 
think.  Anyone have any ideas to keep myself pumped up and really prepare myself for
this?

It's one of those things that you just do it, get it over with, and move on with your life.

Elaine N.
on 4/2/12 11:31 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
 Thanks each of you for the encouragement.  This site is so helpful with that.  I anxiously await the call from Doc's office to get it all scheduled.  They told me they would call in late April.  After that, I know I will become more excited again. 

God will turn our weakness into strength.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views