One month out...38 lbs gone forever! And a question...

happymom80
on 4/4/12 11:19 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
Today is my 1 monthaversary...my first anniversary of my VSG. Yay! I'm down 38 pounds so far and feeling great. I am healed and doing really well. 

My biggest difficulty is still my drinking...I have yet to get a full 64 oz in a day...on my best days I'm still about 8 oz or so short.  Water seems to thin for me and makes me nauseous very easily. I have flavored it with MIO and done crystal light which help...but not as much as I need. Plus they need to be really cold to be easier to swallow...I never liked iced anything before, but colder seems easier for me now. I like thicker things like soy milk or something, but I don't want to drink all those calories and carbs more than one cup a day.  

In light of that, I have a few questions I'd love to get your advice on.

1. How long did it take for you to get the whole 64oz of liquids in? Do you drink any "thicker" drinks that I might like?

2. I seem to (feel) like I get really hungry around 3pm...or at least very munchy. For the last couple days, I have found myself sneaking a couple tortilla chips or goldfish (which I chew really mushy well and they just slide right down)...but I need to nix this behavior before it's a habit. Do you snack mid-afternoon? 

3. About the Premeir drinks...I bought some vanilla ones but I can't stand them. I don't seem to like any vanilla flavors now (my old faves included), but I'm leary about spending that much on the chocolate ones too...what if I hate them too? Do you find the chocolate ones better? 

Thanks!

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

debk21
on 4/4/12 11:24 pm - Mansfield, TX
I don't like vanilla anything, but I LOVE the chocolate Premier Protein drinks.  I keep them stocked in my fridge in the garage and drink them regularly.  That is also a little thicker and may be more to your liking.

I also like Powerade Zero.  It's thin like the water but good and the electrolytes can't hurt since we are trying to keep water down to fight dehydration.

Congrats on your monthaversary and you are going great!  Keep up the good work!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

happymom80
on 4/4/12 11:32 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
Thanks! I actually bought a bunch of powerade zero this last weekend...there was a really good sale. It's okay and was fine for a couple cups...but then there seemed to be this weird aftertaste kind of thing. I'm going to try some today again. I hope it goes well. I'm really trying to focus today on my water. My car broke down last night, so I'm stuck at home today...might as well make that work to my hydrational advantage! 
bjalberta
on 4/4/12 11:41 pm - Canada
VSG on 03/20/12
 I also really like the chocolate Premier protein shakes.... Much better than some of the protein I have tried......

BJ

HW 325     SW 303    CW 245.    GW  170
fran67
on 4/5/12 12:02 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I drink the chocolate premier too. I too have not made it to 64 oz either. Yesterday was the first day I made it to 64oz and I know that was only because I went to a concert at night so I drank a bottle thru out. If I was home I would've been in bed by 10 and never made the goal. I just alternate my drinks so I don't get bored. I have tea in the morning (warm goes down much quicker for me), and then go back and forth between water and Crystal Light all day.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

happymom80
on 4/5/12 1:04 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
Thanks for the tips...I'm also glad to know i'm not alone in the water struggle. I'm really trying though! Before surgery I could drink (and did) tons of water. Ah well...so worth it!
grisaille
on 4/5/12 12:39 am - NC
I wouldn't make it without the crunch of my daily (or twice daily) SF banana popsicle. . . each one counts as 2 oz of fluid. And yes, I eat those often at mid-afternoon . . .

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
teahleah
on 4/5/12 3:34 am
VSG on 07/02/12
Where do you get the banana sugar free popsicles? I have a hard time finding anything other than the SF Popsicles brand (orange, grape, and strawberry I think) and Edy's No Sugar Added Fruit Bars...

HW: 475, Consult WT: 450.5 **Lost 63 lbs pre-op** SW: 387.5 M1: -31, M2: 
Check out my blog about my journey so far:  http://breakingoutbebe.blogspot.com
grisaille
on 4/5/12 5:29 am - NC

The banana SF popsicles are a Kroger brand - they are less icy than the Popsicle brand SF ones and the flavor is just better on my tummy 

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
teahleah
on 4/5/12 6:10 am
VSG on 07/02/12
Think I'm gonna have to take me a trip to Durham to go to Kroger...

*gasses up car* (does this  at gas prices)

Off I go!

Thanks!

HW: 475, Consult WT: 450.5 **Lost 63 lbs pre-op** SW: 387.5 M1: -31, M2: 
Check out my blog about my journey so far:  http://breakingoutbebe.blogspot.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 384 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 418 views