2 yrs postop..354 lbs to 187 lbs..with pics

Dawnie 88
on 4/4/12 4:08 am
I check in now and then with a post and pictures to help motivate those at a starting weight over 300 lbs like i was.  I know its helpful to see someone who started at a similar weight..and see their progress.

I started at 354 lbs and I am 5 ft 5 inches tall.  I was wearing a size 32 jeans and 4xl shirts.  Today I weigh 187 lbs and wear a size Large shirt (or 12/14) and a Juniors size 13 jeans.  I have alot of excess skin on my inner thighs, arms (horrible) and stomach..and a droopy ass and boobs..   But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!  I can deal with the excess skin over being so heavy and not living life.  It feels wonderful to do just the simple things that people take for granted.  Bending over and not having to hold my breath..being able to paint my toe nails, sit with my legs crossed, fit in the car without my stomach touching the steering wheel, walking in the store without using a cart that i used to say was to hold my purse, but really i needed to use it to stop and lean on while walking..doing the dishes all at one time, not having to sit down and rest because my back was killing me..being able to walk distances without a problem..and much much more...  I feel i have a brand new life..and I am so very happy.

I still have great restriction with my sleeve.  My surgeon used a size 32 bougie (for those that may ask).  I can only eat 2-2.5 oz of dense protein for a meal.  I will frequently eat one boneless skinless chicken tender and 4-5 green beans..that is it.  I can eat one scrambled egg and 1/2 pc of toast for breakfast.  I do eat pizza occasionally and can eat one slice of pizza and I'm done.  I still cannot drink with my meals or i will get physically ill.  I think this is the hardest part for me..choosing to eat or drink.

Ok..here's a few pictures for you....

me before...me today....

I love doing this overlay with the before and current pic...really shows how my body has changed..

here's my face shot and current face shot...me at 39 yrs old and now at 41 yrs old

I am currently going through a divorce..and have moved from my home state of Michigan to the Upstate of South Carolina...a totally brand new life!

hrford
on 4/4/12 4:11 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 You really look 10 years younger!  What a fabulous story you have.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Dawnie 88
on 4/4/12 4:14 am
I FEEL so much younger too...amazing what the weight loss can do for a person...thanks so much!

moonglo82
on 4/4/12 4:11 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Wow... you look amazing! I love the overlay idea! I may have to learn how to do that And you look younger now than you did two years ago!

Sorry about the divorce. But it looks like you're doing a great job of staying positive, which I love. Thanks so much for sharing!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Dawnie 88
on 4/4/12 4:16 am
Thank you!! And if you ever need help with doing the overlay thing, just send me an email..I am always willing to help out if you need it.

About the divorce..we are both on great terms..the best of friends really.  He is a wonderful man, but we just drifted apart about 3 yrs ago..and unfortunately too far apart to get back together again, but we are both ok with it and have moved on.  I have met a wonderful man and am head over heels in love with him!

momsy55
on 4/4/12 4:16 am - ME
WOW!!!!!  You look amazing!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Dawnie 88
on 4/4/12 4:17 am
Thank you!!

dejahsmom096
on 4/4/12 4:17 am
Youre pics and post always inspire me. You look awesome. Thanks for sharing. I also like the overlay shot.
T.R       

Dawnie 88
on 4/4/12 4:18 am
thanks so much!! And congrat's to you..you are doing so well!

hwag5149
on 4/4/12 4:22 am
That overlay is beyond awesome!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 114 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 338 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 387 views