8 month update, update on leak, and PICS!! LOTS OF PICS!!

quintons_mommy200

on 4/7/12 3:39 pm
I was sleeved on July 26, 2011. They found a leak on July 31st. For a couple of months I lived on a PICC line, couldn't eat or drink.... was really unwell for several months.

My highest weight ever was 343.6. Day of surgery, I was 271. As of today, I was 179.2. I am really really close to having lost 100 pounds since surgery and I will then officially be at half of my highest body weight. Coolest stuff EVER. During the process of losing weight, I also had braces, and am feeling pretty good about myself right now. Very glad I decided to have surgery.

Oh, and to update on my leak... I had an upper GI on March 27th, which was still showing a small hole in my stomach. This Tuesday (the 3rd), I went in for an EGD... and... he said he no longer saw a leak. I'm pretty excited. This has been so scary, and I'm so glad that I'm finally out of the woods on the leak matter! 

and now... some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

2011 (shortly before VSG)

February 2012 (30th birthday)

And... Today! 

Georgie Mayhem
on 4/7/12 3:45 pm - New Zealand
congrats on the all clear, your weight lose journey and that beautiful smile on your face, you've come a long way, and it wasn't that easy either.

lanunes
on 4/7/12 6:06 pm - CA
Wow !!! You look amazing !!!  Congrats on your success with the weight loss and your leak healing
      Leslie Nunes              
Wildoatslady
on 4/7/12 9:39 pm
That is great news! I just wanted to let you know how much you helped me during my leak. Go glad the rough patch is over.
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
frisco
on 4/7/12 10:26 pm

Congrats on your WL

You sure (not by your choice) took the long way around.... so glad things are under control and going your way!

Note: We started at about the same weight..... I can't help but notice the chair your sitting on in your last pic...... I was very afraid of those and the White plastic ones at 350lbs.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

quintons_mommy200

on 4/7/12 10:42 pm
It's funny you mention the chair... I actually said to my husband yesterday that it was a NSV just to be sitting in it... In the past, I used to buy the ones specifically intended for bigger people that had a 350 lb weight limit or whatever it was-and I was still always nervous sitting in it. Nice to be able to not worry about that anymore...not only is it not likely to break, but I actually fit comfortably in it!!! 

Happy Sunday, have a good day. :)

onemoretry
on 4/7/12 10:54 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Glad to hear the leak has finall closed. Congrats on the weight loss!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/7/12 11:01 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
First of all I am so thankful that your leak is healed, You look amazing, so much younger. Keep up the good work. Keep feeling better. You are almost there.
God Bless
Evie

happyteacher
on 4/7/12 11:08 pm
 Wow Wow Wow!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/8/12 12:48 am
So happy that your leak is healed!!!!  Congrats on the weight loss as well.  You've been through a lot and have such a good attitude about it.  

Keep rockin' it!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views