Payed the price

Debra P.
on 4/8/12 1:02 pm - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 Today was beautiful. Family and wonderful aromas filled the house. I had a small bite of each of the dishes I was eyeballing, starting with protein first, of course. I was full. A short while later I am sitting at the table, having good conversation, when without being conscience of doing it, I started to nibble on small pieces of a biscuit that was leftover from the earlier meal. Next thing you know, I feel this cramp in my stomach and then the saliva starts filling my mouth. I look down and I have eaten 3/4 of the biscuit !! OH SH*T !!! The next feeling was please let me make it to the bathroom in time NAUSEA. The amount of saliva that filled my mouth so fast was alarming. I was instantly ready to hurl.
Some lessons are learned the hard way... pay attention to what your hands are feeding your face when your brain is otherwise preoccupied. 

Kevin H.
on 4/8/12 1:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Been there ... done that .. i missed the bumper sticker though  

IndyVSG74
on 4/8/12 1:07 pm - IN
Ugh, that is miserable. I didn't get sick today, but I did splurge and have half a roll with dinner . . . it made me feel pretty lousy.
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

ruggie
on 4/8/12 3:11 pm - Sacramento, CA
As you're learning, in general, breads are best avoided in the diet - the damn things tend to swell in your stomach.  These unpleasant experiences help us remain focused on the crap we place in our mouth.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Janetheo
on 4/8/12 8:54 pm
VSG on 01/20/12
you speak the truth, we always have to be alert.  It's amazing how little things like that creep back up on us.  Good luck to you.
Jane

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 220 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 300 views