Belly Fat - Be Gone!

Miss Amour
on 4/9/12 11:13 pm
VSG on 12/29/10 with
I need a divorce lawyer for this belly fat.  I am at least trying to lose 20 more lbs. and it has been really hanging around.  Someone mentioned maybe it is loose skin but trust me this feels solid.   I need it to be gone and quick.  I have been going to the gym and my weight toggles between the same 1-3 lbs.  It's been like that since January.  I doubt if I am taking in that many calories that it wouldn't budge.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

moonglo82
on 4/9/12 11:50 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
You said "I doubt I am taking in that many calories"... this makes me think you're not tracking.

It's amazing how much better I do on any weight loss plan when I actually take the time to track.

Also, are you making sure to get all of your fluid in?

Congrats on your weight loss so far. You can get there! Just don't give up

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Miss Amour
on 4/9/12 11:55 pm
VSG on 12/29/10 with
I am still having problems with fluids.  Some days are better than some.  I've never been a drinker.  Now at the beginning of the year I was having problem with snacking.  Now I am better and it seems the scale isn't reflecting it.  I am just referring to the basic laws of weight loss, the in versus out.  With the summer coming up, I definitely can't give up.  I look at how much I can eat versus how much I would need to eat to gain a pound.  I know there are other factors as well though.

Thanks.

moonglo82
on 4/10/12 12:01 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Yeah, but I have read several times that people *****ach obesity and beyond actually cannot burn as many calories at a smaller weight as those who never got that big, and therefore most calculators that figure out how many calories someone our weight burns are not accurate. 

The tracking is very important because you could easily be eating far more carbs than you meant to, or more fat, or whatever.  Maybe if you posted a sample menu here, some of the vets who have made it to goal could help you tweak a little to figure out if you could change something to be more effective.

The last few pounds are always going to be the hardest, so now is the time to crack down and be more cautious.  But the good news is that once you get there, you can go into maintenance and slack up a little. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

ruggie
on 4/10/12 1:06 am - Sacramento, CA
Stop guessing and track your calories.

See how much protein you're eating and how much is carbs.

I find to break through these things, if I drink 80 oz of water a day, 100 g of protein, keep carbs under 40, you can't stop me from dumping weight.

Good luck.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

INgirl
on 4/10/12 1:46 am
Agree with the purple dude. Tracking is the only way I can reliably keep tabs, if I didn't I'm sure things would have snuck in by now.. and from the get-go 100oz+ fluids a day, if I slack on fluids not only does my energy decrease.. but I don't lose as well.. I have been steadily for the past month averaging 800-900cals (up from 600-700) and 20-25carbs, 70+ protein and still lose. Yes, it's slower as I'm w/i 15lbs of where I'll prob land.. but I still lose it at that, and even with some higher cal (but carbs the same) days.

Unfortunately, we can't spot lose.. and I have the belly that won't quit.. and I know it's not empty skin either- I've seen that on my real-life WLS friends. Empty skin, thin, can tuck it away and it disappears, not what I have :)

Good luck! Get to tracking and drinking your water and it will come off with some more time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views