Any ideas on breaking a stall?

seekingslimness
on 4/13/12 1:59 am
VSG on 02/24/12
I have been up and down in the same 5 lb range since 3-23, any ideas on how to break the stall or do I just need to give it more time.  I just contacted my doc's office for ideas and they are getting back to me but I hope someone had some ideas.
   NIKKI

stephanie R.
on 4/13/12 2:02 am - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
 Change up yo8ur maels.. so dinner for breakfeast and change your works outs for a week..  hope that helps.. 
Kevin H.
on 4/13/12 2:18 am, edited 4/13/12 2:19 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Exercise more couldn't hurt.  The more you burn the more you loose.  I've only been doing 1 mile a day on the treadmill but I'm thinking it just isn't enough.  I've been the same weight for 5 days now.  I saw a chart on the wall at the Dr's office that said if you walk 3 - 5 miles a day at 3 mph or more that is considered Moderate exercise.  So I guess I have only been doing Light exercise so far.  Someone going to the biggest looser camp yesterday on here mentioned they will be burning around 6,000 calories a day exercising for 7 hours a day.  Yikes!  But it shows that is what it takes to loose this stuff if you don't want it to take forever.  Diet is a key component but burning the fat is just as important.

I'm going to try and bump it up to 3 miles a day and see how I do.

econtiff
on 4/13/12 2:39 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 You can do it! See how far you can go then supplement in a different part of the day. No one says you have to exercise all at once! Just keep your heart rate up!
jarabacoagirl
on 4/13/12 2:19 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I know this sounds weird but is there anyway you can increase your calories?  I haven't had my surgery so don't know if that would make you sick.  But when I used to do weigh****chers I remember when I would plato I would eat like a pig for one day and it would make my metablism work again.  But than returning to the diet the very next day.  You may have to modify that since obviously after surgery you can not eat like a pig.  But make just try your best to eat a few more calories for just one or two days.  (Things you know your stomach would handle.)   And it might be the key to get your metablism going again!  HTH

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

INgirl
on 4/13/12 2:31 am
Time.

Seriously, I never once tried to "break a stall".. and I have had plenty of them. I just made sure I was on target for my plan (if you are not measuring and logging everything, that the ONLY thing I'd say to get to doing and don't stop!) and let it take it's course.. upping cals, lowering cals, increasing/decreasing this or that will drive you batty, and for the most part- it's a coincidence that your stall "breaks" after these things. I got to goal and beyond in less than a year without fretting over any of that stuff. Stay on plan, get moving doing what you like (so it's a sustainable thing) and wait it out. 
Kevin H.
on 4/13/12 2:58 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I agree .. I know some folks say to eat more calories or whatnot but that seems counterproductive to what we are trying to do .. loose weight.  Good advice here INgirl!

slimpickins5280
on 4/13/12 2:34 am - CO
Evaluate your diet. Are you honestly sticking to it? What abou****er? Getting in your 64 oz minimum? Try adding 1-2 more cups of water. Add in 5-10 more grams of protein. If' yo've been cleared for normal workout, start them - SLOWLY.

You're a little over a month out. Don't do anything crazy. The stall will break.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

RyanJS
on 4/13/12 2:48 am, edited 4/13/12 2:49 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
I know Stalls come and go. Stay on your doctors plan. Your body is just adjusting and will pick back up.

I am almost 8 weeks out and still losing 4-7 lb's a week without a stall and was told I was a light weight for a guy at the time of surgery. I know I will though and not worried about it. Key for me is EXERCISING like crazy. I will hit stalls or slow down at points but if your doing cardio and burning those calories including staying on a proper diet you are going to drop. I also do a lot of strength training. I walk for 45-60 minutes at lunch and then 60-90 minutes of cardio/weights at the gym at night. You dont have to go as hardcore as me so early out. I was a varsity wrestler in high school and very active in other sports so working out is not new to me just something I stopped doing.

Just try increasing your exercise routine even if its just walking for 30-45 minutes a day if your not already doing it.

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Shagdoll
on 4/13/12 3:37 am
After a few stalls, I just decided to make sure I was tracking every single morsle that went into my mouth, drank at least 8 glasses of water, and exercised at least 5 days a week. The stall will eventually break. I know it gets frustrating but the scale will start to move down again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views