4:21am in the hospital, just got sleeved yesterday and I'm absolutely STUNNED to find...

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/17/12 6:34 pm, edited 4/17/12 6:47 pm - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
 How easy and freaking PAINLESS this surgery has been for me and continues to be at 18 hours out!

I know today (day 2) is probably going to be a whole 'nother story (with the leak test, first sips & walking), but I feel so good & unexpectedly strong, I'm ready.

My experience so far  only, but take hope pre ops!
As excited as I was throughout the process I have been terrified of surgery day itself. 

Being treated like an absolute queen here at Mt Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, MA

Hate the IV as I am deathly and irrationally phobic, but have to admit it was NOTHING.  Anesthesiologist offered to do it and made all the difference.

Have catheter & drain, surprised neither of which I notice is even here.  Thankful not to have to get up & pee.

Have needed nothing but my iPhone & chapsticks (plural!!). Brought Gas X and all that but my mom & bf gave me a little shoulder massage that helped with the gas.

I was confused, panicking and in pain when I first left the OR.  This lasted all of about 30 seconds though.

No fluids the first day at all, been dying of thirst for 20 hrs now, my mouth so dry my lips were sticking to my teeth and my mom & bf thought I was batsh*t wasted on pain meds.

AM batsh*t wasted lol, but not in a slurry way, in that cozy, euphoric way.

Worried about itchy tape, to find out they didn't even use any. My incisions are tiny and perfect and don't even hurt.

No peripheral liquid diet, just the lose 5% body weight & no food or water after MIDNIGHT the night before. How easy is that??

Cant lie on my side which is why I'm awake at 4:30, but not in much discomfort at all.  

Beautiful  private room with sweeping views of Boston (sunset & city lights so far) 

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/17/12 6:50 pm, edited 4/17/12 6:51 pm - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
These inflatable leg massage boots feel amazing!  I want some!  I imagine the plastic ones would be sweaty and uncomfortable, but these are cloth covered and the feeling isn't getting old at all yet.

Good tv stations, wifi and all free

Super quiet all day & night.  I wonder if there's anyone else even up here.

Cant sleep without  my boyfriend and dog, so here I am. And a little chatty with the fun meds lol .

I hope all you who have dates coming up see this and have this good of ax experience.

islandjake
on 4/17/12 7:13 pm - HI
VSG on 04/03/12
yea, i wanted to take my leg massaging boots home too. my only pain was getting out of bed and getting back into bed at that stage.
bbearsmama
on 4/17/12 8:28 pm
RNY on 02/28/13
SO glad you are doing well!!! Enjoy those meds and being treated like a queen!

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

hrford
on 4/17/12 10:28 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 I LOVED those leg things too.  I have restless leg syndrome (have since I was a kid) and it completely made it go away.  So glad you are feeling well.  I was in no way shape or form that well off at that stage but I did have some awesome nurses.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Jeanne T.
on 4/17/12 7:05 pm
So happy everything went well,  Welcome to your new life!!!!!

Jeanne

Marena G.
on 4/17/12 10:04 pm - LA
VSG on 07/16/12
LoL you are too funny.  I am so happy that you are doing good!  I pray and cross my fingers that mine will be as great as yours.  I think I am worried about the IV part more than the the surgery itself. Keep us updated!!!
Evymetalmommy
on 4/17/12 10:14 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
This totally just made my morning. 

Glad you are doing so well. 

You give me hope that tomorrow will go super easy.
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Vicki J.
on 4/17/12 10:16 pm - VA
I'm so glad you're having a good experience so far!  My experience was the same - nothing "exciting" to report - no pain, no trouble moving around, no complications afterwards!

Good luck on your journey to a healthier "you"!!  :)

-Vicki

SD: 07/07/11     Height:  5'9-1/2"     SW: 283     GW:  170     Current Weight:  167

sutherngrl94
on 4/17/12 10:44 pm - Raleigh, NC
You have made my day!!  I have a high pain tolerance but the pain part is a little concerning to me so I'm glad to hear that you are so comfy.  lol

Thanks for posting this and enjoy your view and your new life!  Keep sharing!  My surgery is in 6 days!

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views