Pre op weight loss help

J. Garcia
on 4/18/12 4:55 pm
My start weight is 424 with req loss of 24 although only 12 for paperwork to be submitted. Im down to 414 :-( and for past two weeks the scale goes from 216-214. I've added in extra exercise and replaced 2 meals with protien drinks as suggested and small dinner consisting of salad with little to no dressing and a baked plain chicken breast w no seasoning. I cannot loose weight. I'm getting so frustrated . Can anyone help me? I really need this surgery I'm only 27 and I want to be healthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated . I am also drinking so so do much water. 
stillfablessfat
on 4/18/12 6:28 pm - CA
VSG on 05/30/12
more water i learned if i drink at least 110 oz of water its much easier 2 lose and more exercise i dont know how much ur doing now but you should try at least 1 hour of anything 5-6 times a week thats what worked 4 me i lost 24 pounds in 7 weeks good luck

Leslieenlightened hw250  sw211  gw140

J. Garcia
on 4/18/12 6:39 pm
 Thank u :-) I'm walking 2.5 miles every night and 2-3 x a wk im busting my butt at gym about a hour a time. I'm gonna drink more water n I dunno walk more
Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 4/18/12 9:16 pm - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12
I was going to say water as well.  Also what type of protein drinks?  Good luck!
5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

cmmdrwolf
on 4/18/12 9:23 pm - Harrison, TN
VSG on 10/04/12
I got to say that you and I have similar situations, I'm also 27 and my start weight was 450. It's been three months that I've been doing a modified pre op diet and have lost a chunk of myself. You've lost 10lbs that when its all said and done will be a portion of what you will end up loosing, don't get disheartened.

How long have you been dieting, you mentioned two weeks of flux but how long total?
Are you using myfitness pal to track your intact and see what you change?
What kind of protein drinks are you using, are they high carb for body builders?

For the last 3 months I have been doing the low carb high protein dance and every once in a while I will carb shock my body to confuse it, this helps with it letting go of fat stores. Keep up no matter what, it took 27 years to build these bodies so we won't change them over night.

Pkrplyr777
on 4/18/12 9:31 pm - CT
For pre op, you may want to take a day or two a week off of the exersize to let your body release some fluids.
Drink a ton of water too. It helps.

You are doing great. Check the protein shakes to make sure they are low cal and low carb.

This is the hardest part. Stick with it. It gets WAY easier after the surgery.

Good Luck
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
golfeboy
on 4/18/12 9:41 pm
VSG on 04/23/12
 I am on an optifast diet.... Lost 30 lbs in 2.5 weeks.  You can not eat solid food.  I started at 421.  You should ask your doctor
J. Garcia
on 4/19/12 4:57 pm
 I talked to my dr today he says drink more fluids. He says I'm not doing anything wrong :) thank goodness. He says some people drop Pre op weight fast and some don't. I'm going to try slowing down on exercise and start fresh aging . Wish me luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views