So... liquid diet. Vodka is liquid.. correct? LOL

Michelle10929
on 4/22/12 11:17 am - NC
Just trying to plan a little pre-op night out on the town with some friends the Saturday before surgery (Monday). I never over do it, I was just curious if I can have a few drinks, or if I should clear this with the surgeon.
SuzanneR
on 4/22/12 11:26 am - Randolph, NJ
 you'll be ok with a few drinks 48 hrs before surgery but really don't over do it. also i m not your dr so always best to check with him/her first. 

Elaine H.
on 4/22/12 11:42 am
This surgery is a serious life changer. I hope this is just your sense of humor and that you are ready for major change.
          VSG 3/21/11    HW 322  SW  298  CW  200 GW  175  5'7"    age 65                                                                           
Michelle10929
on 4/22/12 12:03 pm - NC
Yes, it is my sense of humor coming out here. I have two weekends a month where my girls are with their Dad and I can go out. Also, I just discovered a post divorce social life a year ago. So yes, I do like to go out, and I do like to drink. But.. my night of drinking is 3-4 vodka tonics 2x a month. So, I don't feel like I ever overdue anything, and I don't feel like it will be anything I'll have a tough time letting go of. I'm more excited about being able to dance longer on the dance floor due to having more energy than being able to down a couple 7$ drinks haha.
Marabell
on 4/22/12 1:11 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
I think that you can have a sense of humor...have a couple of drinks every so often....... AND be ready for this life changing jouney you are about to embark on....

with that said.....
I dont think you should choose to have alcohol 48 hrs before surgery....too taxing on the liver....all those meds they are going to give you...

not worth it hon

edelu
on 4/22/12 1:15 pm - los angeles, CA
I wouldn't do it and I'm not a purist by any stretch but it's so close to surgery, I'd say stick to cranberry juice.  if it was a week before that would be one thing but less than 72 hours, it's just not worth it.  you don't know how much alcohol causes a deficit in terms of dehydration, so overdoing it in your mind may be different in terms of what your body is experiencing.  Don't do it would be my vote.  I guess you don't have the 48 hour liquid only pre-op directive?
Michelle10929
on 4/22/12 1:27 pm - NC
Ok no problem..
We talked about doing the weekend before the liquid diet starts also... So we'll make that our big fun weekend and I'll keep the weekend before surgery alcohol free :)

We're just all planning things out right now. Who's coming into town when to help out with me, or help out with the girls. Who's taking time off work when ect. So with all this planning is coming the.. so when are we doing the final hoo'rah?

I know its not a "final hoo'rah" but its just a huge huge change. It almost feels like I'm going into hybernation for a while.. like putting a pause on my life because its going to totally revolve around this for a while.

pcannedy
on 4/23/12 10:46 am - Sacramento, CA
 no, no,  get use to not drinking.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 373 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views