Man, that chicken salad was the best thing I ever ate! What was your first "soft...

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/27/12 7:04 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Just got cleared to soft foods.  Ran right home and shredded up some of the chicken I roasted last night with some light mayo.  So good it could have been filet mignon (which won't be on the menu anytime soon).  Gollum likey!  The yogurt, pudding, jello & cottage cheese thing was really getting to me.

Thinking of going out to dinner later tonight and having broiled scallops.  Well probably scalloP, not scallops.  I've been craving seafood.

What was the first thing you wanted when you were cleared?

June W.
on 4/27/12 7:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
I just got cleared to soft foods too and I have been craving Mexican food, so I had some refried beans. They were so good, even just plain.

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/27/12 7:22 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I've got a can in my cupboard from Trader Joe's that has been calling my name too!

I'm finding Trader Joe's to be a great resource for fat free/lowfat/low salt stuff (like the refried beans, chicken chili and baked beans) that I had a harder time finding at Stop & Shop. They're not $5 a can like Whole Foods either! I'm using them
more and more as a middle ground between Stop & Shop and Whole Paycheck. Saving a LOT and still getting good quality foods "Gollum" here deserves.

Snowberry
on 4/27/12 7:39 am
VSG on 04/10/12
The first mushie I ate was fat-free refried beans thinned with some pureed Rotel with lime juice and cliantro.  I can remember thinking that was the best thing I have eaten in a VERY long time.

Last night, I had my first scrambled egg with a bit of cheese.  It was just as good as the beans.  It's amazing how good everything tastes after being on liquids for so long!

debk21
on 4/27/12 9:23 am - Mansfield, TX
My first soft meal was a scrambled egg with cheese and it was the best **** I ever put in my mouth!  I understand where you're coming from...welcome back to real food!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

MrsClaus09
on 4/27/12 10:39 am
I had a long drive home from my surgeon's office after I was cleared for solids. So, I had to get something on the road.  We stopped at Boston Market at a rest area...I had a few bites of sweet potato casserole (yikes!) and a few bites of a chicken leg.  Best thing I had eaten in 2 months!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
kam0520
on 4/27/12 10:54 am - AL
grits!  The first meat I could have was Vienna Sausages.  Usually disgusting, but OMG they were heavenly LOL
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 4/27/12 11:02 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Funny you say grits as I hadn't had them for 3yrs and had them
3x last week. Sooo yummy in a sea of too much sweetness.

The chicken salad was for lunch. Just had 2 of THE most delicious broiled scallops and 1/2 a bit of cooked carrot for my first dinner. I felt like wow! It really works! When Gollum said he'd had enough after 2 scallops. What a TREAT though. OMG!!

comeundone
on 4/27/12 2:11 pm - OH
My soft foods were A moist crab cake,two sea scallops,lemon peeper tilapia,a turkey meatball and shredded chicken that's what I lived on
HW 289  SW 242

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views