Beginning to think I've screwed up big...

MeTime0418
on 5/1/12 10:19 am
VSG on 04/18/12
My surgery was two weeks ago today and I am falling apart! I have yet to find a protein supplement that my sleeve doesn't hate, and now I'm fighting a uti and wound infection. (Before anyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm asking medical advice...I'm not. My doc is fully aware and I just need to vent.) It's not that I don't like the protein. It's that my body hates it. It runs straight through me...literally in about 2-3 minutes. Every single kind I have tried. I have zero energy. My caloric intake without the supplements is nonexistent. I'm so dang frustrated that I could scream. Can't wait til this rough patch is over and I'm on my way to the new me.

I was just wondering if anyone else had similar post-op drama? It might help to know I'm not alone.

Marabell
on 5/1/12 10:28 am
VSG on 06/07/12
i have not had wls yet....sorry i cant give advice or offer any words of wisdom here....i just want to say that i am very sorry that you are having such a difficult time right now....but you are NOT alone....we are all here for you and i am sending good thoughts your way.

believe it of not..this will be a distant memory when you are celebrating your new life

feel better soon

MeTime0418
on 5/1/12 11:17 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Thanks for your kind words! Good luck with your surgery!

Steven S.
on 5/1/12 10:33 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Have you tried the isopure liquid drink?

MeTime0418
on 5/1/12 11:19 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Yep.

Lyn78
on 5/1/12 10:34 am
 Hi, today is my 2 wk mark too and I am having the same problem not being able to get in the protein. The only difference is the protein is not agreeing with my stomach at all and sits there like I'm going to vomit. I've tried 5 different kinds of protein, tried mixing it with 1% milk and Lactaid milk and still can't tolerate it. I tried mixing it with ice in the blender and stiring it in a cup.....I can not get it down! I feel your pain and frustration. I have ordered a few individual protein mix's from unjury.com and by far the taste is better, but still doesn't sit well. I'm at wits end! So if I hear anything or find anything that works, I will let you know. Good luck, I hope you find something soon that will help. 
MeTime0418
on 5/1/12 11:34 am
VSG on 04/18/12
Thanks!

Cortnee Z.
on 5/1/12 10:36 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I know this sounds horrible - but this is all completely normal!! I am almost 4 weeks out and I remember those days! I was frustrated and miserable and wanted things to change asap!! Just hang in there!! It will get better and better and better. I don't think it's your sleeve that doesn't like the protein, it's just that you are on a liquid diet, so it's going to run right through you. Can you have something blended maybe? That might help with all of this. Once I started eating mushies or blending stuff up I started feeling better!! 

What REALLY helped me was turning my protein drinks into shakes. I would add some peanut butter and frozen strawberries. My NUT said that was fine cause I have been having those for years before my surgery. She only warned me about the sugar in the strawberries (for headaches only) and the fat in the PB. But there are a lot of different ways to bulk up your protein so it goes down thicker, and fills you up better, and comes out less often! Now everyone on here will freak because of the seeds, but my NUT and Dr. had no problem with me having that a week post-op, but check with yours of course! Think of anything you can throw in the blender and add some protein powder to it and see if that helps!!!

Hope that helps :) Hang in there!! And rant when needed ;)
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
MeTime0418
on 5/1/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 04/18/12
I asked my dietitian about both fruits and peanut butter during one of my sessions pre-op and both were a no go. Not until I reach goal weight she said. When you takes fruits away, there's not a lot I can think of to put in a blender. Lol. I just want to do exactly what she and my doc say. I screwed up when I was on my own so I really don't want to mess up now. I've followed my plan exactly.
As for it just being the liquid diet, I hope so! That would mean Stage 3 diet will solve my problem...only another two weeks!

Cortnee Z.
on 5/2/12 12:09 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Awesome!! I am glad you already know what you can and can't have! I have heard of a lot of people using peanut flour or even PB2 in their shakes. This would help with taste and bulk! It's just peanut powder. That might be something to try? 

What I am doing now to help me is using Almond Milk. It has low calories and carbs! It's wonderful! It gives me some sustenance and also helps me get the powder down! I am sure there are more things you can do, it would just take some getting creative  Which everyone on here is REALLY good at!!

Take care :)

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views