NSV...male attention

goingforit1
on 5/1/12 3:04 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
So I was going out with a girlfriend tonight and decided to really do myself up, cute outfit, nice makeup, jewelry, a great hairdo, etc.   I looked fabulous and felt truly PRETTY for the first time in a looooong time.  The car ride to my friends place is an hour drive and I have never had so many male drivers doing a double take to check me out on the road.  I had guys slowing down and staring and it was so unexpected that at first I thought maybe they were driving side by side (even when I would slow down or speed up they stayed right with me) because I was getting a flat or they wanted to tell me something.  I realized that wasn't so when the first guy winked at me. Whaaaat?  People DO that? Flirt on the freeway?  Crazy!  But to be truthful, I had to try hard to wipe the smile off my face. 

I just had to share; I never thought I'd be getting that kind of attention again! I'm happily married and would never give the time of day to a guy that was checking out girls on the road but still...feels nice! :)

Lovin' this fabulous sleeve o' mine!
Shagdoll
on 5/1/12 3:22 pm
Sorry gurl, I had to chuckle on this one. Crazy how a few pounds (ok, maybe more than a few pounds) can make such a difference in the way people see us. Yeah, the male attention is crazy, I guess I am still getting used to it too. Most of the time I am not paying attention so it doesnt faze me.
You go gurl with your fabulous sleeve! Keep on rockin' it!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Mrs.Nichole
on 5/1/12 11:31 pm - OK
VSG on 03/20/12
 This made my day! Thanks for sharing. 

HW*260  Day of Surgery *247    CW*140

AmberK
on 5/2/12 12:36 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 How funny! I am a teacher (7th grade math) and I was in the middle of this awesome lesson, my student raises her hand.....I thought she had a question because she was so into my great lesson.......she says "Mrs.Keeney, my dad thinks your hot".....LOL    I almost passed out cause I was so embarrassed! 

Also, my husband and my best friends husbands coach our boys BB team. So, I am in charge of ordering the parent order forms. This one dad says, "is your number on this paper", I said "no the coaches numbers are on there though", he says "I want yours so I can take you out" LOL    I was shocked, and said "well, Coach Ryan, that's my husband and there is his number" LOL 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

PrettyEyes_41
on 5/2/12 12:45 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
What a great perk along the road to getting healthy again!  LOL 

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Cindy F.
on 5/2/12 10:45 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
 Love it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views