Psych post surgery

Lissette M.
on 5/8/12 11:18 pm - NJ
VSG on 08/11/11 with
How many have had to see a psych post surgery? I still fell FAT even though I am almost 100 pounds down and everyone tells me I need to STOP losing weight. Should I see a psych??HELP!!!

TheBiscuit
on 5/8/12 11:25 pm - TX
 It's absolutely a good idea to continue seeing one. There's no shame in it and they can offer you constructive ways to live your life and to view yourself and others with your new sense of self worth. You can even find one that specializes in bariatric patients. We're not the only ones with body image issues, I PROMISE you that. :)
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

pparks3215
on 5/9/12 12:05 am - DC
VSG on 05/15/12 with
I'm scheduled for surgery 5/15 and i have started therapy to help me through the process. The the previous posted stated. Its OK to cont seeing a therapist.

I will cont post its great to talk to someone that wont judge or just may listen.

HT: 5'8.5"  HW: 333   CW: 232  SW: 299  GW: 180                                      

B. Bap
on 5/9/12 12:21 am
I think it is a good idea for everyone to continue to see or go and see one after surgery. If for nothing else to help with the underlining eatng issue that we have. So that we don't repeat them after surgery.
Also, for me it has been more of mind game than the physical effects. Dealing with the questions (I have chossen not to share my surgery) differnt dress sizes, and (the biggest for me) dealing with the emotinal side of eating.
Good luck to you
aliceinwonder
on 5/9/12 2:21 am - AZ
VSG on 05/28/12
I agree. We didn't get fat by having a healthy relationship with food and just because we have reduced what we can eat, our minds have not changed. Often times the reasons we eat are not due to hunger, but emotions. A therapist can help you with that.

I think it's a great idea. I too have a therapist who is counseling me through the emotional rollercoaster I am about to experience.

You can do this, Lissette.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 397 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views