Decided on the sleeve, and have my surgery date on the calendar

melanieannd
on 5/9/12 8:46 am - TX
VSG on 06/13/12
Thanks to many responses on my first post here, I have decided to go with the sleeve (over bypass). I had my meeting with the dietician on Monday and got some samples of the protein shakes while there. I got home and tried them with water, and nearly vomited. Then proceeded to go to the store to buy almond milk and sugar free cool whip which they suggest adding in. Found a couple recipes I could stand, however.. I am supposed to be on my pre-op diet during my anniversary vacation with my husband. 5 days on a cruise ship, where I will not have the ability to make said shakes palatable. So I tried not to panic, reached out to the surgeon and dietician, expecting to have to postpone, but the surgeon says while we are on our trip I can be on a high protein, low/no carb diet, and just go back on the protein shake diet when we return home (which is 4 days before surgery). I confirmed my surgery date of June 13th, it's now on the surgeon's calendar, I have my bloodwork, pre-op and weigh-in appointments all set. All that is left is to pay for it. That part is a bummer. I am, however, confident in both my surgeon and my decision, and have a reaussuring feeling of optimism which has replaced a long-standing feeling of pessimism. I'm looking forward to this journey.. I can't wait until I am healthy enough to get back to spinning, yoga and running.
valentinoAB
on 5/9/12 9:41 am
 Have you tried UNJURY SHAKES????

ERnurseMN
on 5/9/12 10:47 am - MN
I bought Unjury to try too before my surgery. I really like them so far. I got the sampler pack. I also ordered PB2 and add that to the shakes and I can drink them no problem! 1 week til my surgery date!

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
sandi S.
on 5/9/12 5:29 pm - FL
Hi-- you are having your surgery the same day as I am. I have been reading a lot of posts to find out the same thing.  I had read that some online sites have a sample packs of their different flavors of protein powders for a fair price.  I have ordered some of these. at least I will find out which ones I like  without having to spend a lot of money.  Bariatic choice is one of the sites and the other is unjury. I just received them so I have not tried them yet.  will let u know when I do.  We will have to keep in touch with each other during our journey

sandi
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 206 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 290 views