Home from the hospital

ShaunaAtkins
on 5/12/12 1:14 pm - Irving, TX
I was sleeved Thursday morning and I just got home from hospital today. Surgery went well, lots of pain from the gas and still have that problem. I walked and walked when I was in the hospital and just couldnt pass any of it. Now that I am home I am passing it but it still hurts so bad. It seems to settle in my shoulder. Did not get much sleep in the hospital at all due to walking every 2 hours, so ready to lay in my own bed tonight. On the clear liquid for a week and just sip sip sip and it hurts to just sip. Right when it hits about where my diaphram is I get a sharp pain. Dr says that will go away in a few days that is from the hernia repair. All in all I think things are going great. I lost 19 lbs just from the pre op liquid diet, so I am excited to see how much I am gonna lose now!
louisamay
on 5/12/12 1:17 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
Welcome to the losers bench!

This is a bit of a rough transition the first day or two but believe me, it will get better fast!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Marabell
on 5/12/12 1:18 pm
VSG on 06/07/12
so happy for you...exciting to think about the future now isnt it?!

I hope you feel better real soon....just make sure to get those liquids in...no matter how hard it is....being dehydrated is worse.

felicia W.
on 5/12/12 2:15 pm - Kent, WA
i am so excited for you. i was sleeved yesterday and i have that same gas bubble that is really painful in my shoulder too. i havent passed aany of it and i am not sure how to to be honest. how does it get passed when its in your shoulder. i have been walking a lot too and i hope that the pain goes away soon cuz it hurts to stand upright all the way. but i am taking the meds and hopefully they work well.

Phatchick
on 5/12/12 10:49 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Shauna, A heating pad might help with the shoulder pain. The pain will be gone before you know it and you will be back to your new self before you know it. Best, Sharon

ShaunaAtkins
on 5/15/12 5:01 am - Irving, TX
Ladies I am proud to say I feel 100% better and I am on the exciting way to a great recovery, now the journey begins.I am still in the liquid stages but I feel myself getting lots of anxiety about when I do start eating , making sure I get my protein in and keep calories down I am truly gonna do this the right way I didnt pay all this money to mess it up, so I need some help on what kind of meals are perfect to get in what I need!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views