Confession...

VirgoMommy304
on 5/17/12 2:47 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
So the second I found out that my insurance covered WLS I have been binge eating like every meal is my last meal.  I have gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks.  I am getting worried that I will be one of the people who does not lose weight after WLS because I am justifying my addictions and giving into my temptations.  Every time I try to really stick to the program the dietitian is emphasizing I  think of an item I won't be able to have and indulge.  I am going to miss the wonderful bubbles of carbonation.  I am going to miss the mouthful of something I love.  It is going to be water and tiny bites of protein.  I just hope that once I really lose weight I will love that more then the food and the choice will be easy.
queen R.
on 5/17/12 5:29 am - enid, OK
It is an adjustment.  Honestly, after a while you don't even want those things.  They are replaced by endless conpliments,  feeling good about yourself, abundant energy and a renewed excitement for life. 

VirgoMommy304
on 5/18/12 2:02 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
I am super ready for energy!!
bunnymom
on 5/17/12 5:41 am, edited 5/17/12 5:42 am
Honey, I guarantee you those things will come to mean nothing to you. Take it from someone who has lost 165 pounds--I am now being followed in malls by guys, having male storekeepers fall over each other to wait on me and give me bottles of ice water out of their fridg, and have guys in cars screech on their brakes so that I could cross and they could ogle. All these things happened at the mall yesterday. I have had 3 people (2 of them strangers) come up to me in the last week and say "My you are so tiny." Whereever I go now, eyes are following me, and I met a friend today who had not seen me (at the veterinarian's) and the gasp was audible. Oh yeah, besides that I am so healthy, off all meds, and no longer pre-diabetic. You will feel years younger and the way the public responds to you will make you feel years younger. Have your little food funerals--we all did that. After surgery your life will become very wonderful without food as the central concern of your life. Good luck to you!
Bunnymom            
VirgoMommy304
on 5/18/12 2:03 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
Food funerals!  Never thought of it that way but it is fitting!  Thanks for the advise :)
bluemems
on 5/17/12 6:02 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
You will not miss those carbonated bubbles.  I was a very heavy Diet Dr. Pepper drinker (more than 6 -12 a day)  I had surgery 2 weeks ago and honestly do not want the soda.  Don't beat yourself up about binging too much, but try to remember that you WILL be able to have just about anything againg down the road.  You will learn very quickly to moderate the things you eat.  You should not think of surgery as something that is taking things away from you - it is a tool that you will learn to use in order to maximize your weight loss and become a healthy person.  It really is not as bad as you think it is going to be.  Think of all the positive things that will come out of your surgery.  I did get sick of soup, but am on soft foods now and feeling much better about the entire process.  If you want to chat offline, reach out to me and we can chat as much as you want.
VirgoMommy304
on 5/18/12 2:05 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
Thank you for the post!  I am going to concentrate on the positive :)
Maureen K.
on 5/17/12 6:17 am
 Well I never drank soda so that wasn't a problem as for the other things I stuck to the plan for the first six months then I ate whatever I want but I didn't go crazy just maybe once a week. If I wanted pizza I had it but with sleeve I could only eat half a piece three and a half years later still can't eat a whole piece if pizza so I never looked at it like I would never have those things I love cheesecake etc I just looked at it like man I can't wait to have two bites of something and actually feel satisfied there are days I get frustrated Nd wish I could eat the whole thing but I'm ever so grateful that I can't so best wishes to you however u choose cheers 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

VirgoMommy304
on 5/18/12 2:07 am - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
I wish I hadn't ever drank soda!  I hope someday I have learned the skills and abilities to eat what I want and put the work in at the gym if I chose to have something I want.
bedazzle
on 5/17/12 6:29 am
VSG on 04/26/12
 I did the same thing and it is totally normal. Once you've had surgery you will find you don't want those food items. Don't worry, you will do fine with the surgery and after. Good luck and enjoy your last minute indulgences!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views