So far so good

Christine_TX
on 5/23/12 3:33 pm - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
Just a little update for everyone who asked, I was sleeved today and so far so good I had a little pain and nausea in recovery but that was addressed immediatly and now I'm enjoying my new friend the pain meds pump! I'll go for testing in the morning and hopefully I continue to have an uneventful stay at the hospital.
Once again thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes!!

BTW- I am down another 6 so that was a total of 56 pounds I lost pre-op!
♥ Christine
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
mauigirl2
on 5/23/12 5:38 pm - kihei, HI
Glad to hear you are doing well.  Take it easy and you will recover fine.  I was sleeved a week ago and feel great.

Christine_TX
on 5/23/12 6:10 pm - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
Thanks!
It kinnda seems sureal, like did I really have the surgery bc everything (so far) has gone really smoothly.
I have anxiety and I kept waiting for the attack to come yesterday and it never did, I thought I was gonna freak when they started to put me to sleep but nope I was out before I knew it.
I think its cause I have lots of loving support from my family & friends that put me at ease. I came out of surgery and all my family were here, I had flowers and balloons I could feel all the love and prayers!!
Okay I'll stop going on & on now...lol

I'm glad to hear you surgery and recovery went well! Take care of yourself. Also have you been having any issues with fluids or protein yet? I hear that's usually tuff, I can't wait till my test later today so I can actually drink my mouth is soo dry
♥ Christine
Happy966
on 5/23/12 9:59 pm

Congrats!  I remember coming too out of surgery so elated to be alive!!  I was kind of giddy.  Or maybe it was the pain meds!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Christine_TX
on 5/24/12 1:09 am - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
lol, you gotta love the hospital pain meds
♥ Christine
happiegirl
on 5/23/12 11:05 pm - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
It's so great to hear your doing so well.  I'm so glad it all went well.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Christine_TX
on 5/24/12 1:11 am - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
Aww thanks! The nurses and my family are soo suprised at how good I am doing, about to go my leak test yay! I'm soo ready to loose this cotton mouth and start sippin
♥ Christine
Cortnee Z.
on 5/24/12 12:17 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
Wow!! Way to go!! I am so glad you are doing well. I had the dry heaves right after I woke up - TWICE - it hurt but I got some meds in me right away and I was fine after that. No problems since!! Glad for you!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Christine_TX
on 5/24/12 1:15 am - TX
VSG on 05/23/12
Recovery was the worst part I thought I was going to throw up and I felt the pain, but they got me meds quickly too and as soon as I get up to my room I was fine
♥ Christine
Cortnee Z.
on 5/24/12 1:34 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
That's EXACTLY what happened to me. Especially cause of the dry heaves. It hurt my tummy REALLY bad - but once I got to my room I didn't take any more pain meds until bed time because I couldn't sleep. And never had pain after that. Just felt like I did a thousand sit ups :) Glad you are good!! It makes a huge difference in recovery, walking, and drinking!!

Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views