Sleevers with IBS

Elaine N.
on 5/27/12 11:47 am - Hiddenite, NC
VSG on 06/12/12
Can any of you who have IBS tell me how it has been affected by the surgery?  
Early on, later....?  Much of my IBS comes from when I eat things I shouldn't and
with stress.  It usually leads to diarhhea.  Just want to know if it will cause me
issues right after surgery so I can be prepared.  Thanks.

God will turn our weakness into strength.
Could_It_Be
on 5/27/12 11:49 am
 It's been soooo much better since surgery. I still get the stress induced diarrhea but the change in diet has made a world of difference!!

I too was worried, but it's been fine :)

VSG on 6/22/11
pcannedy
on 5/27/12 12:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
 My IBS is gone since surgery.  I was amazed that the surgery corrected my diabetes, my IBS, and my blood pressure is lower and better.

Mom78
on 5/27/12 1:32 pm
VSG on 02/10/12

I dealt with the roller coaster of constipation and stress/food induced diarhea all my life.  Since surgery I haven't had the diarhea but the constipation didn't change.  Still there, I take a capful of miralax a day....

SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

justme88
on 5/27/12 1:39 pm
 I have had IBS-D for years.  Mine is not better since surgery but its not really any worse.  Mine is primarily stress related but still is about the same as before surgery.

Kelli

jessiegirl
on 5/27/12 1:48 pm
VSG on 06/15/12
I'm so glad you asked this question.  I've been concerned about this also.  I have IBS and have worried that it would get worse!  These posts make me feel better about it!  

SuzanneR
on 5/27/12 2:09 pm - Randolph, NJ
 My IBS is gone since surgery. very happy about that, too!

DanaSue
on 5/27/12 9:15 pm

I have gotten sick a few times with diarrhea, cramping, sweating, nausea when I eat something with sugar in it..  "Dumping Syndrome" is usually  something that gastric bypass patient's get, but it is possible to have it if  you have had the sleeve.  I have to stay completely away from sugar.

AdeanaMarie
on 5/29/12 4:45 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I have Crohn's Disease, somewhat related to IBS and I have felt great since surgery. I used to have major diarrhea all the time and not once since surgery. Now, I am having the opposite issue a bit, but still having a BM every other day. Sometimes I take a Ducolax to get things moving. So thankful that the stress of surgery did not bring on any issues. Best wishes.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

INgirl
on 5/29/12 5:13 am
So far- only one incidence since surgery- totally my fault, ate a known trigger on an empty stomach. It's been much better post-op.. I don't know if it's the reduced quantities or the change in diet.. sometimes I really wonder if some foods I've eliminated weren't causing an increased inflammatory response as no more bathroom trips 4-6x day, and my gut bloat is much reduced~!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views