Pre-op Day 3

erikalea1970
on 5/30/12 10:40 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
So I am very happy that I am holding up well on the pre-op diet.  I'm allowed clear liquids and non-starchy vegetables in addition to protein shakes.  On Monday when we went to see The Avengers, I treated myself to a Coke Zero (allowed on the pre-op, but I've cut way back on diet sodas in general) and brought celery, cuke slices, and grape tomatoes to munch on in the theater.  Today there was a basket of muffins and cookies in the teachers' lounge, but I just walked by with barely a glance every time I went through, and I honestly only felt deprived for a few seconds.  I started to feel a little loopy/out of sorts in the afternoon, but a cup of broth cleared that up (I remember once on a long-term liquid diet that we had to drink broth daily because the diet was TOO low in sodium.)  

Last night at the support group my NUT mentioned that his studies have indicated that patients who lose weight in the time period between the first visit and the start of the pre-op do better long-term.  I did not lose weight in that period, but I intend to skew his research results by kicking butt now and after surgery!!!!
"Failure is not an option" - Apollo 13   

fennges
on 5/31/12 9:47 am - MI
Good Luck!  I start a two day liquid pre op on Saturday at noon. Surgery on Monday! 

Sue     SW 260 lbs. GW 155 lbs.  5 ft. 5 in. 60 years young 
Surg. Date 6/4/12  
CW 11/25/12  189 lbs.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op