Pre-op hot flashes?

erikalea1970
on 6/6/12 3:59 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
You know, I had one yesterday and didn't really connect that it was a hot flash - just thought I got worked up in a conversation and it made me flush.  But when it happened again today, I realized what the warm feeling in my face and neck (and accompanying redness) probably was.  Anyone else get these pre-op?  I have been on liquids and veggies for 10 days, lost 10 pounds.  I'm 41, so it could be totally unrelated to the diet, but I don't know how often they usually hit once they start.

I did a search about hot flashes on this site and saw several references to reactive hypoglycemia, but then saw on the mayo clinic website that RH usually hits one to three hours after eating, and mine hit right after a meal.  I have a call in to the doctor just to check, but thought I'd ask around here while I wait.

Thanks!
"Failure is not an option" - Apollo 13   

elizasgone
on 6/6/12 4:19 am - St Cloud, FL
VSG on 06/28/12

Not really sure....but I know that fat stores hormones. As you lose weight, especially quickly it is likely to have bursts of emotions. I don't think it would be out of the question for hot flashes to be included in those hormonal bursts.

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 6/6/12 11:12 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I am 7wks out (44yrs old) and had terrible hot flashes pre op, and sweated a lot more when I exerted myself. I have really noticed almost the complete absence of sweating & hot flashes post op. I thought maybe drinking the soy milk in my shakes was doing it but I've cut that way down and still not sweaty.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views