Anyone else out there like me?

Twinkle1011
on 6/6/12 12:05 pm - MI

Wondering if anyone else out there is like me.....I had surgery on April 24th 2012. Piece of cake surgery if you ask me. I don't want to eat. Nothing tastes like it should, everything smells awful and
onions smell and taste rank and sour. After I eat I feel like crap and believe me I am not eating much at all.  Can't hit my protein goal.  Does this ever go away?????

acbbrown
on 6/6/12 12:22 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Yes sooner than you would like.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jeanne T.
on 6/6/12 12:31 pm
Ditto.  :)

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 6/6/12 12:36 pm - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Girllll!

I was sleeved April 17th and I'm right there with you. Everything (especially shakes, liquids and WATER and everything artificially sweetened tastes disgusting! I try so hard to choke them down but it's like the equivalent of trying to drink sour milk every day - I can't really force it anymore. It's like Gollum down there just cringes - and it hurts! A week ago I wrote on Facebook that I didn't regret my sleeve but sheesh anyone who thought this was the easy way out should walk a day in my shoes and that I felt like I was barely surviving.

I'm a week ahead of you and good news this week has been MUCH better than the last 3 a far as being able to eat (and at least get some protein in via food). It's not GREAT by any means but not miserable like it has been, and I've just started to feel the slightest glimmer of energy coming back - maybe just from eating.

I hope next week you turn a corner too. Also, after eating a little bit of Chipotle beef and a tiny bites of pork chop over 3 days, I lost 4lbs, eating does that for me at this stage.

Hang in there and wish me luck that this is an upswing and not a fluke few days.

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/12 2:16 pm
I kinda miss those days...... sigh.......

Oh, yes, you'll be back to being able to eat in no time at all.
julesGA
on 6/6/12 10:52 pm - Brunswick, GA
 The responses on this thread are cracking me up.  :)

VeronicaJ5
on 6/6/12 11:15 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Yeah give it a few weeks lol I was right about ten weeks out....
Twinkle1011
on 6/7/12 11:09 am - MI
Thanks everyone that responded.  I don't feel so alone.  I guess I should be glad I don't want food. But I will tell you this, I do miss having a nice dinner with my hubby.  I feel ilke I am a two year old eating my little morsels, don't get me wrong I am glad that I had the surgery but it is sooooo crazy how little of food I can consume. Good luck everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views