l'm trying not to be your typical 'help me!' post, but l do need the help and encouragement!

lmreadynow
on 6/9/12 6:36 am
 l'm 8 months out, have been doing everything to the best of my abilities....  80 or less carbs/day.  800-1000 cals, getting in my protein....etc...  Not always perfect with the water, but l drink all day - coffee, tea, water.  
l still have a torn tendon in my ankle, which has also affected my knee.  l can't walk much AT ALL, so l do my workout from the couch or lying down.  But l can't get a great cardio in.  l'll be able to go to a friend's pool this summer, but haven't yet.  

l've been the same weight for over a month now and am feeling very sad and frustrated.   l never wanted to be one of those 'help, it's been 6 months and l'm not losing!' kind of people.  But l'm feeling very alone and helpless.  l'd appreciate any advice. Thank you so much!!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
acbbrown
on 6/9/12 6:42 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Well, it sounds like you are in a tough spot with the bum ankle and all that. You could 1) be in a typical stall or 2) need to lower your calories and carbs. if what you are doing isnt working, you have to change it!

Maybe try staying around 800 calories and 40-50 carbs. I am a year out, and in the last month, Ive lost 11 lbs by reducing my calories to 800 and keeping carbs around 40. My life sucks and I feel like im in a black hole of death with such few calories, but hey, I lost weight, right???  (i'm being a little dramatic but it's really hard to cut back your calories, but you kind of have to as you get smaller and your overall metabolic rate goes down). 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

justeric78
on 6/9/12 6:50 am - Houston, TX
I agree with Allison 100%. Drop the calories and carbs, i was 600-800 and 30-40 carbs a day for my entire losing phase. Like she said though it could be a stall, i went 7-8 weeks on my longest stall and it was horrible. Since you cannot be active the caloric intake has to be cut back to make up for it. I did not go to the gym much from 6 to 9 months but still lost just fine in the short term. Now that I am where I want to be excersise is much easier and I enjoy it!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/12 6:50 am
My suggestion to you is to cut your calories and carbs.  I would recommend 600-800 calories and under 40 carbs a day.  I would also tell you to drink more water, watch your sodium and reduce or eliminate any pre-processed foods.  I mostly ate lean dense, home cooked protein and low carb veggies during my losing phase.  I know it's not easy, but I also know that it's doable.  Good luck to you.
lmreadynow
on 6/9/12 7:03 am
 l really, really appreciate the advice.  l was worried about going toooooo low on the cals.  l cook at home every day, don't eat anything processed.  l have been almost afraid to ask for help,, because l didn't want any 'told you so' answers.  l have been very diligent, but embarrassed about this stall.  

l will cut down even more.  l have about 40-50 more to lose.  Thanks for the help. 

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views