It's a miracle!

Nadurra Deb
on 6/12/12 10:01 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
CIGNA changed their pre-op requirements as of May 15, 2012! They changed the required weight management program from 6 months to 3 months!! And I believe it doesn't even have to be doctor supervised only. It can be through a registered dietician now. I was looking at late Oct - early Nov for my surgery date because of the 6 month pre-op requirements. Now I have WAY more options. I can do my surgery in early Sept if I want! That is WAY better timing for my work and my family. Maybe this is a sign that I am on the right path.

It's a miracle!! ...jumping for joy AND doing a party dance!!!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

doggz109
on 6/12/12 10:03 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
YAY!

RockinMama
on 6/12/12 10:27 pm - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
Awesome!  I have had to wait since Feb and my date is July 9th!  Get it gone guuurl!!!
  5'7 CW:  306 SW: 300        
Nadurra Deb
on 6/12/12 11:16 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I'm so excited! Now I have a million things running around in my head that need to be done WAY sooner that I was anticipating. I started all of this in Mar... waiting almost a month before I even got in for a consult with the dr. So April 11 is where insurance is starting to count the 3 months. That makes July 11 the new end date for the pre-op WL program instead of Oct 11 (YAH!!). So I could be looking at August even which would be great in some ways (sooner the better!) and trickier in other ways. There is more going on getting 3 kids back to school. Dad can certainly pick up the slack but there are so many things that the kids look to MOM for.

Your date is coming up so FAST now...what a process this is!! Forget losing hair post-op! I won't have any left by the time I actually get to my surgery!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

momsy55
on 6/12/12 11:04 pm - ME
That's great news!!!!!  Good luck!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

ssunshine78
on 6/13/12 1:11 am - SC
Hi Nadurra Deb!!!! Congratulations my journey started April 19th and I also have the 6mth preop requirements!! Looking to have min in Nov. How did you find out the requirements had changed?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views