Question for those who use Cuisinart Ice Cream maker

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 6/14/12 4:34 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Is it normal for the ice cream to freeze VERY HARD to the sides and bottom of the maker? It makes divine ice cream but I find I lose about 1/4 cup of it because it's so hard and I don't want to damage the inside of the bowl by scraping it out with something.  There's no way it will let go with a rubber spatula or something similar.  Thanks!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

Mom78
on 6/14/12 4:54 am
VSG on 02/10/12
Are you doing protein ice cream?  I want to buy one, costco has them onsale.  I know I've read Egg faces blog and she has tips on how to get it all out.
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 6/14/12 4:56 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Yes, got the recipes from her blog and love every one of them so far. Sears.com has them on sale with free shipping for like $49.02 total..or at least they did when I was there last week. It's ONLY online though and you have to go through the checkout process to get the lower price. You don't have to purchase, you just have to go through the process of putting it in your cart, selecting the shipping method and all that stuff. It's worth it. I ended up buying mine in the store rather than online because I wanted the red one. LOL!
Mom78
on 6/14/12 11:54 am
VSG on 02/10/12
Oh good, those were the recipes I was going to try! Costco has them for 29.99, but if they are out I will hit up sears, thanks!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

tall_not_venti
on 6/14/12 6:52 am
VSG on 02/23/12
you get less buildup on the sides if you have the machine going, and then pour the mixture in thru the top hole. it's not perfect, but it helps.
Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 6/14/12 8:11 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Tall, that's what I've been doing and it still sticks. I'm not going to worry about it.
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/12 8:48 am
VSG on 07/24/12
 Yep, mine freezes to the sides and bottom.
Ashley G.
on 6/14/12 9:40 am - SC
I just ordered one of these from Amazon.  I got the turquoise!  Does the ice cream come out as yummy as it looks?

infodiva808
on 6/14/12 9:41 am
What if you just let it sit out for a while then try to get it out. It seems to me as the thing warms up it will melt enough to get out and you have a little for later. BTW when you freeze the leftovers they freeze very hard, so I just make one serving at a time.

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 6/14/12 12:25 pm - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Ashley, it certainly LOOKS way yummier than it tastes. I guess I'd rather eat the ice cream that drink the shakes. After trying the key lime ice cream, I decided that I don't like the ice cream as much as I had hoped. I'm taking my maker back tomorrow and buying my dog a Thundershirt instead. LOL! At least one of us will be happy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views