Omg.. EWW? Supplements! Help?

Michelle10929
on 6/20/12 1:14 am - NC
Oh these supplements are just aweful.. every single one of them! I thought maybe I would try a pill crusher and take them with a spoon full of sugar free pudding. Blah, blah blah!

Will I ever be able to just swallow normal pills whole? Something to look forward to?

Any suggestions on a type? The worst culprit is my MVit.. I bought the ones on the Unjury site. Blech!

comeundone
on 6/20/12 1:17 am - OH
 yes you will be able to take pills again,some people take them from day one.I started within two weeks of my surgery.
HW 289  SW 242

chitownhoyos
on 6/20/12 1:28 am - IL
I take the chewable mvit from Baratric Fusion the berry flavor and they are so bad. By far the best ones I have had yet. they are only $25 for the 30 day supply. Maybe try them.

sweymer77
on 6/20/12 1:30 am - OH
VSG on 06/11/12
I bought a chewable multi-vitamin and it is working fine. The Viactiv for Calcium plus Vitamin D is working fine for me too. It is chewable and tastes like chocolate. LOL My doc also had be get a sublingal (sp) B-12 Vitamin. It is very small and you just put it under your tongue to dissolve. I do take Prozac daily and asked my Doctor about that and he said I was fine taking those whole. I think we had surgery the same day? June 11th.
Hope that helps and hope you are doing well. I am feeling great and the weight is coming off. The hardest part for me is the head hunger and seeing everyone else eat the food I love. I never realized how much my life revolved around food! This whole process has been very eye opening for me!!
Take Care!
Stacy

36 LBS was before my VSG surgery. Surgery Date was 6/11/12.
Michelle10929
on 6/20/12 1:38 am - NC
Yes, I had my surgery on the 12th and yes I'm melting. I already have a pair of shorts I had to retire since they were falling down as I was walking through the grocery store yesterday haha. Granted, they were my baggiest pair that I was wearing specifically because of the belly incisions ect.

The head hunger for me is all about texture. My biggest craving is a sausage patty.. I just want the texture in it! Or that feeling of biting into a stacked hamburger with tons of onion and lettuce. I don't WANT the hamburger.. I just want that feeling. So yah.. I'm having the texture games instead of the hunger games! :)

newme2011-2012
on 6/20/12 2:07 am
I have been taking pils since a month out for vitamins and earlier then that for my thyroid meds. Like 2 days after surgery.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Allison-Cobb-RN-FNP-
BC

on 9/30/12 3:22 pm
 I'm an old timer! I had revision from old nonadjustable band to bypass in 2003. I have found a great supplement that you can take as a gelitan preparation that tastes like regular Jello or you can mix ans drink. I also like their Calcium powder that you mix in water and drink. It's called Ameriwell. See what you think.....
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views