3 Months Later and I'm FINALLY back!!!!

Cajun_Lady1029
on 6/21/12 12:24 pm - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
******To any new member or anyone trying to decide whether this surgery is for you or not, please DO NOT let my experience be a determining factor!!! I had very special cir****tances and suffered an allergic reaction that no one ever saw coming! Despite everything I've been through, I DO NOT regret my decision to remove my band and get sleeved.*******

Hello OH Family,

For those of you who have been keeping up with my saga, I'm so sorry for the delay in updating you.  After 3 months, my stomach has finally forgiven me and starting working again.  I've been removed off of TPN and fluids as of this past Wednesday.  The dr. left my picc line in just in case and I have to maintain my protein and fluids this week on my own to show I'm ready to move forward.  Unfortunately this was far more traumatic for my body than I anticipated.  I didn't realize how sick I was until my dr said "You almost died, I'm not taking out the picc line until I know for sure you can maintain on your own".  Almost DIED??????? REALLY??????

I can now see that I landed on the extreme side of the surgery equation. However, after many days in my lounge chair with nothing to do but sleep and ponder, it has occured to me that without question, I would most definitely have died if I didn't do something about my weight. Almost dying has made me more appreciative of my life and more determined to take this second chance my sleeve is giving me and run with it.  I was reading a post asking how other April sleevers were doing......at first I was so disappointed in myself because others have lost 50 plus pounds and I'm still sitting at my original 20 pound loss.  It took my DH reminding me that I've been through quite a bit and haven't even finished my recovery yet.  My body hasn't even entered the "weight loss" phase and I should give myself a break.......hmmmmmm.......what was this new notion he was suggesting??? Give myself a break???
YES!!!! and so, I've re read that thread and I wish each of my sleeve siblings only the best and continued success with their weight loss.  I will join you when my body has finished it's break.

I know that I'm rambling a bit, but I just needed to get some things out.  I miss my OH family, and I'm making a solemn promise to log in at least every other day and check in.  Now that I'm not sleeping most of my day away, I can keep that promise.  A lot has happened in these past 3 months, including my sons graduating high school. I'm grateful to still be here and able to give thanks for all that I have been blessed with.  

Good Night OH family! 
Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
bluerskies
on 6/21/12 12:31 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
 Wow, I am so sorry to hear about what you have been going through!! I cannot even imagine!  But I do have to say that I am impressed with your attitude and am inspired by your story.  Wishing you all the best as you get through this time of giving your body a break and healing!  Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing about your progress!
 Jessica

Cajun_Lady1029
on 6/21/12 12:37 pm - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Thank you Jessica!  I will be keeping you in my prayers as your date approaches.  Here's wishing you a complication free surgery and a speedy recovery!
Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
Rachel G.
on 6/21/12 12:40 pm
VSG on 04/06/12
So sorry you have had to go thru all that, but I am happy that you are getting better. I was sleeved 4/6/12 and I was upset for a long time that I might be a slow loser, but we all have to learn how to be patient, let out bodies do what they need to and in the end we all will reach the finish line an it won't matter if it was ten months or two years. Hang in there sweetie. Gud luk!!

chiefsgirl3
on 6/21/12 1:01 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 What an inspiration!  Good luck withthis next week!

Tracasa
on 6/21/12 1:30 pm
Sending you some sleeve love and blessings for a speedy recovery

blueeyedgal
on 6/21/12 1:54 pm - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
So very glad to hear that you are doing better and moving toward recovery!  Praying for your continuing healing and strength.

blueeyedgal    
Mom78
on 6/21/12 2:26 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
So happy you are in good spirits, praying for you.  God has been looking out for you and its fantastic you were able to be there for your sons graduation.  Sounds like you have a ton to live for!  I wish you the best...
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

peeches35
on 6/21/12 8:27 pm
VSG on 04/03/12
I been so worry about you get better sendng blessing

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Sleeva
on 6/21/12 9:15 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD! Praying for your  speedy recovery
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views