WLS Books

Tea
on 6/24/12 3:06 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Hey ya'll i just bought 2 books off of Amazon. I got Weight loss surgery for dummies and The sleeved life.

Anywho, do any of you have books like this and how do you like them? I hope they are useful and will help me with my new life!

Count down is ON! Liquid diet starts in 24 hours

Tiffany

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

scarlettbegonias
on 6/24/12 3:18 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 I'm still per op but I bought the kindle versions of the two you have plus the success habits of weight loss surgery patients by Colleen cook ,also the emotional first aid kit by Cynthia Alexander I also got bariatric nutrition essential for recovery from surgery by Sally Johnston but that's pretty useless as the recipes are pretty high carb and lowish on
Pall of these were recommended to me 
Theres a couple of others that I downloaded the sample of but haven't started yet
Hope that helps

gabriellaz
on 6/24/12 3:56 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
I have Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies and REALLY liked it. It answers alot of questions & concerns. It really helped put me at ease. I read it again this week to refresh my memory since my surgery is only a week away. Never heard of The Sleeved Life, I need to look into that :-)

Tea
on 6/24/12 4:52 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Hey you can find it on Amazon. Its called: The sleeved life- a patient to patient guide on vertical sleeve gastrectomy by Pennie Nicola. It only cost me like 10 bucks or less.

Tiff

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

chickerson605
on 6/24/12 10:10 pm - La Vergne, TN
I also got "The complete weight-loss surgery guide & diet program" by Sue Ekserci, RD with Dr. Laz Klein, MD and "The complete idiot's guide to eating well after weight loss surgery" by Margaret Furtado, M.S., R.d., LDN., RYT and Joseph Ewing.

I had my sleeve surgery on May 2nd. With the pre-op liquid diet and since surgery I have lost a total of 45 pounds. I'm working very hard - going to the gym several times a week and following all the rules. The surgery has been a real "tool" for my success. It isn't a cure all but since surgery I am off three (3) blood pressure medications, no longer boarderline diabetic, sleeping better and no more acid reflux. Best decision of my life. Bless you on your journey. ~ Carolyn
time4me2now
on 6/24/12 11:19 pm
VSG on 05/24/12
I have "The Emotional First Aid Kit".  It's all about the emotional and psychological part of this journey and techniques for success.  It's excellent!!!

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

Karebare50
on 6/25/12 12:45 am - Troy, NY
Yes the emotional First Aid Book is an excellent choice for long-term help.  I also bought Eating Well fFter Weight Loss Surgery - lots of great low carb, high protein recipes and easy to make.  I got it on Amazon.
Karebare50 Dance Like Nobody's Watching!

HW pre-surgery: 248  SW: 236

moringdawn
on 6/25/12 7:38 am
VSG on 07/11/12
I'm with you sister...lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op