New to OH

Wiasbeck
on 6/26/12 2:50 pm - NV
 Hi all, I've been reading your post for a while now but just signed up. 
I got sleeved on 6/08 and had my two week check up today. I'm doing great and I'm down 18 since surgery. I'm really excited and I'm sure I'll have a tons of questions along the way. So, here's my first one. My DR and NUT don't require a puréed stage and I've been told I can move on to solid food (as of this past Friday). My question: Are there proteins that are easier on the stomach than others. I've tried chicken and can't handle that yet. I've also had tuna and that went down easily. I just don't want to eat only tuna for too long. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
CallieBear
on 6/26/12 3:37 pm - Greer, SC
VSG on 06/13/12
 I am not to the food stage or the pureed stage since my Doc and Nut have a very long transition before we get to solids.  However, If you like fish and can find it at your local walmart, it is called Pangus.  You get 10 or 12 individually sealed piece of fish.  This fish is extremely light and soft and I cant wait to have it when we do get to have solid foods.  It would be easy on your sleeve since it is much softer than chicken or even tuna.  Pangus is softer and has a lighter taste than Tilapia or flounder and it cooks very fast.  
when my Nut releases us to have pureed foods, this fish is the first thing we will have!  I cant wait!

congrats on your sleeve and your weight loss so far.  and Welcome to the forum.  My husband and I had our sleeves done on the same day.. June 13th. 

Becky Calliebear is my cat :)    Surgery date 6/13/2012 
Highest 349.  Pre-op diet 339.5.  Current 308  Pre surg weight requirement 322. (by 6/5/12)
Wiasbeck
on 6/26/12 3:55 pm - NV
 I've never been a seafood person (except sushi) but I'll give it a try. I just want some variety.
It's great you're doing this with your husband; it's like built in support for both of you. Congrats on your sleeve too!
Tracasa
on 6/26/12 8:26 pm
Personally I wouldn't go straight to solid but that's me. Chicken is hard and for me still is. I would do eggs, yogurt, laughing cow cheese, cottage cheese, beans and cheese (taco bell), go to worldaccordingtoeggface.com she has recipes for each stage good luck and welcome to the losers bench.

Kevin H.
on 6/26/12 11:08 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Yeah dry meat is hard for me to digest and doesn't sit in the sleeve very well making me feel bad.  I tend to use soft moist foods with broth or gravy to make things go down better.

Maureen K.
on 6/27/12 12:04 am
 I would stick wih the softer foods for a couple weeks I am 3.5 years out and the dense proteins are still tough can't even do steak ever. But Refried beans was my favorite , chili with gound turkey or beef, cottage cheese, tuna, soups, Ok here is where I ate taco bell, refired beans I would eat the inside or at least some of it from a burrito supreme, Wendys chili, at the grocery store they have those deliscious cream soups in the deli loaded bake potatoe brocoli cheese, I know bad fast food and what not but it is the truth what I did . Best wishes 

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Wiasbeck
on 6/27/12 2:20 am - NV
Thank you all. I think you're right. I need to stick with softer foods for a while. This morning Greek Yogurt worked great.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views