Stall from Hell!

MHarmon77
on 7/1/12 6:31 pm - TX
OK........ I had surgery on 06-12 and have hit my 3 week stall. I started my journey in February and lost 30lbs pre-op. I had surgery and lost an additional 28lbs 2 weeks out. I am 58 lbs down total and have not lost a single pound since! I know all of the normal responses of the three week stall by  the posts I have read, but REALLY?!?!? I never imagined it would be this frustrating! I weigh myself everyday like a 12 y/o girl with OCD!!! I guess I will wait- it- out and stay away from the scale........ maybe....LOL
HW: 346 /  SW: 318  /  CW: 265

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/12 8:38 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
OMG Mark I had to laugh! I think a lot of us sleevers went through that frustrating stall at about 3 weeks out. I know this may sound strange to the pre pubescent girl inside of you who wants to get skinnier fast--but I actually put the scale away. I only weigh once a month. It's amazingly freeing for sanity. It is also nice when I weigh once a month and see a big drop because I wait so long. I don't worry about the fluctuations! Now when i get to goal, I may weigh more often to stay on track. But when you are in the losing stage and having a stall or a rough time of it--get rid of that scale! I used to diet and weigh myself several times a day. I swear I drove myself crazy. Good luck!! You will do this!! It WILL come off
Sinlaila
on 7/1/12 9:20 pm - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

I was sleaved on 6/12 also.  My stall started on the 19th and just broke this morning.  It definately plays tricks with your head.  This morning I had to weigh 3 times just to convence myself I really did finally lose pounds.

kaniac
on 7/1/12 11:00 pm - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
OMG!!! That's what's going on!!! I was sleeved on the 12th too, and the last couple of days I've been feeling so defeated. I had forgotten about the other posts regarding 3 weeks stalls. We will all get through this but I might have to have my hubby hide my scale. Any idea how long this normally lasts?

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

slatond
on 7/1/12 11:19 pm
I was sleeved 5/28 and totally went thru that 2. The stall is broken now and scale is moving downward. The one "WONDEFUL" thing is while I was stalled my body changed a bunch. I cleaned closet of clothes that no longer fit and winter stuff I hoped to NEVER EVER have to wear again. Loved trying on smaller clothes and them actually fit or be baggy when presurgery I couldn't button. :-) There are other ways to find positive movement in your changes than the scale!

Also scheduled meeting w/ trainer and beginning to set exercise goals in addition to weight loss goals :-)

Kevin H.
on 7/1/12 11:35 pm, edited 7/1/12 11:36 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 I have to weigh everyday.  It gets me started off for the day thinking about my weight loss goals and what I need to do and keeps me in check.  Lots of people say dont weigh everyday but I dont listen to them 

The stall will pass.  Your doing great so far!

Stephanie M.
on 7/2/12 12:04 am
I stalled for 23 days at my "3 week" stall. Keep on trucking. I swear to you, as long as you keep doing what you're doing, the weight will come off.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Stayce
on 7/2/12 1:05 am
VSG on 03/28/12
 I weigh one time a day and it's first thing in the morning. Keep the faith and keep doing what you are doing, the stall will end and you start losing again, then you'll stall again and eventually lose again, and it continues over and over, but that's how it is. Remember that you just had major surgery and your body is adjusting to what it just got hit with :)
 Life is not an emergency, live one day at a time.        
Teasha1
on 7/2/12 1:19 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I needed to hear this from all of you this morning.  I know it because I have read it over and over again but, today is day 14 of my stall.  I had surgery on 4 Jun 12 and am down 27 lbs from there, but had lost weight over the past two years so that my total is around 83 lbs now.  My head was starting to say maybe this is it and that is all you are going to get.  You know the stinking thinking.  Well thanks again everyone for posting. 

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

ametzger
on 7/2/12 1:28 am - MI
VSG on 04/23/12
 The best thing to do to break a stall is simply continue to stay on plan and keep doing what you were doing!  My 3 week stall lasted 3 weeks and it was absolutely maddening!  I finally hid the scale and only allowed myself to weigh once a week.  I noticed that I lost a significant amount of inches and dropped a clothing size even though I wasn't losing the pounds.  Your body is in shock and it needs to readjust and re-balance itself.  

Once my stall broke, I started dropping the weight quickly again.  If you FOLLOW the plan, it is very difficult to be unsuccessful!  Stalls ALWAYS break - Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views