Suitcase and Travel NSV!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/5/12 4:53 am - NY
I went to Arizona June 27 to visit a girlfriend and her husband and came home late on July 2nd and realized just now (as I'm doing my wash and finishing my unpacking) that I had an awesome travel NSV-- I fit all of my clothing for 6 days into one little carry-on rolling suitcase!

And, not only did I fit all of my clothes into that suitcase, but on the way back I fit all of them (minus the one pair of jeans I'd brought which had to go in my backpack) PLUS all of my stupid school books that I had to bring to do homework while I was there-- I could NEVER have fit my clothing into just a carry-on before unless I was just going for one or two days and I'm not even at goal yet. Holy cow!

I wonder what I'll need to pack in when I'm at my final goal weight and size-- a lunch box?! Hehe.

Also, another NSV that I hadn't ever noticed before when traveling-- while I was walking down the aisle in the airplane, I didn't have to stand sideways to fit-- I just walked straight on back to my seat. It was an awesome feeling!
 ~~Emily~~

sutherngrl94
on 7/5/12 4:55 am - Raleigh, NC
That's awesome!!!!  What great NSVs!  Congratulations

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/15/12 10:53 pm - NY
:)
 ~~Emily~~

Desari63
on 7/5/12 5:01 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Nah..just toss it in your purse...!

Congrats on the great progress so far!

Barbara McKeown

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/15/12 10:53 pm - NY
lol
 ~~Emily~~

louisamay
on 7/5/12 5:30 am, edited 7/5/12 5:31 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Those are fabulous! I totally appreciate the packing thing, because my goal is always to use only one carryon, which I do by mixing and matching and having stuff that dries easily. (I've packed that way for several trips to the UK and had clothes for the entire 11-17 day trips in that one carry-on.)

But when I went to Hawaii in June after getting sleeved in April, I had everything in there and my bag wasn't stuffed and it wasn't heavy! If I hadn't taken a pair of 4" wedges and another pair of heels, I would have had even more room, but they took up a lot more space than flats.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/15/12 10:54 pm - NY
 ~~Emily~~

roxyrocks808
on 7/5/12 6:10 am, edited 7/5/12 6:11 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
that is really great because traveling in a fat body is no fun for so many reasons.... living in Hawaii I fly a lot. I like the part about going down the plane aisle because I use to dread going to the restroom, not only did I not fit in the mini restroom very well but going down the aisle and bouncing off the seats or god forbid someone's head usually kept me in my seat unless I really had to GO! I am getting ready to fly again in about 2 weeks and I am looking forward to fitting in all places on the dam plane.

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/15/12 10:54 pm - NY
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 326 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 371 views