Rashes (not due to extra skin) Weird!

Michelle10929
on 7/10/12 11:32 am - NC
I'm thinking the end result here may be that I need to just see a dermatologist....

I'm 1mo post-op. At 2wks post-op I spent the day at the beach, and woke up the next morning in hives w/my left eye swollen. (No, it wasn't a new sunscreen.. just the typical stuff I have always used).

Then, I went to lay out in the sun last weekend.. and my arms have been an itchy rash ever since.

Weird coincidence that I have had no problems then all of the sudden after surgery I'm having these weird reactions that correspond with laying out in the sun??

I'm getting all of my water and then-some and my protein is always >70/day.

Hmmm...

Pobearsam7
on 7/10/12 11:44 am
I'm 13 days post op and I broke out in hives a few hrs after surgery...no one could figure out why... I still have days where I'm just itchy... The worst part is that I'm a light-skin black female and I was red and purple all over... My skin is now clearing up but it looks
Iike I was in a fight!!! My insurance company set me up w/a visiting nurse and home health aide and they have seen it get worst and their jaws drop every time they see me... I felt like crying.... But it is getting better
Could_It_Be
on 7/10/12 11:47 am, edited 7/10/12 12:07 am
Maybe stay out of the sun and check with your doc in case it is a reaction to meds?

VSG on 6/22/11
lucy2e
on 7/10/12 12:04 pm - Laurel, MD
I have noticed that my skin can be more sensitive now.  My guess is that the extra hormones pulsing through my body has made it more sensitive - just my theory though! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Mcnurse518
on 7/10/12 12:15 pm - TX
VSG on 05/09/12
 I have been doing the same thing. It started about 2 weeks post op. I have a way to help with the itching if you would like to know let me know.

PluggingAlong
on 7/10/12 12:16 pm
 Check the expiration date on your sunscreen.  My mom had a similar issue (she didn't have the surgery) and went to the Dr and they told her it was a reaction to the sun exposure. She said that it couldn't be that because she wears block all the time. They told her to check the expiration date (didn't even know sun block could expire) and it was a year old. They said it was as if she went out in the dun with nothing on and got dermatitis from the sun exposure. Just a thought.

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

Pobearsam7
on 7/10/12 12:19 pm
I was told it could be just about anything from the bed sheets at the hosp to it is normal to be itchy and that some ppl just break out in a rash or hives after surgery..soi have given up.. I'm doing much better on Benadryl though
dizrick
on 7/10/12 12:23 pm - SC
Michelle, I had that happen to me years ago when my wife told me she was pregnant with our first child. I went to the ER that night for an allergic reaction abd the doctor asked my wife if she was pregnant. He laughed and said they see this quite often. They told me it was from stress and I got small itchy bumps wherever the sun hit me for the next 9 months. My pcp told me it was Uticaria, funny thing about two weeks before surgery it happened to me again. It's gone now, so I figure it was the stress of worrying about the surgery.

Hope yours clears up quick. I have my first app with Dr Gersin on the 18th, and monday I can start eating soft foods.
Rick        
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views