A protein drink I REALLY like!

bluerskies
on 7/15/12 9:03 am, edited 7/15/12 9:05 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Like most VSGers, I have struggled with choking down protein shakes that either my taste buds or by body don't agree with.  As I posted a while back, using almond milk has made a significant difference (I don't feel nauseous when I drink it whereas most other shakes, especially with milk products, make me feel sick).  

I was experimenting today with some recently purchasedTorani sugar free syrups (props to the OH member that posted last week about the 1 day BOGO sale on syrups at World Market) and I just made the best protein shake I've had to date.  Here's what I did:

8 oz unsweetened almond plus milk (has 5g protein)
1 scoop Nectar VAnilla Torte protein
1 tsp sf brown sugar and cinnamon Torani syrup

It tastes (to me) like a liquid cinnamon bun and actually smells great too!  29 g protein,  1 carb, 140 cal
 Jessica

Shagdoll
on 7/15/12 10:27 am
Hey Jessica!
Awesome that you found a yummy protein drink you love. I think if more people experiemented, the more people would love these shakes. I have vanilla protein powder & Brown sugar & cinnamon syrup so I will try your creation soon.
Thanks for sharing!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/12 1:57 pm
Wow! Sounds wonderful!
nieba
on 7/16/12 1:11 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I wish more people would give their recipes out like you. I am waiting on approval and getting my surgery date, so I am starting to think about the protein shakes now too. Trying to get the ideas together so I can start trying them out.

Thanks so much.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views