I feel like I'm in line for a scary roller coaster!!

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/26/12 6:46 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 I have been fighting my way through the long process to make it to this point. I always felt pretty confident about my decision to have this surgery. I still do in fact. However I only recently a couple weeks or so have known the date for my surgery and have still felt great. Until today! I just realized I only have 6 days until my pre op appt!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Am I doing the right thing????????????? I am really freaking out! I am pissed at myself because I thought I was handling my anxieties and fears about the surgery great! I know part is due to my moms recent surgery that went all bad. I keep telling myself that was a total different situation. I know thte risks of surgery. I have had to many in my 42 years of life. I just don't want to scare myself so bad that I don't go through with it. My mom was so supportive before she had her surgery that went way wrong. Now she begs me not to do it.. I think that scares me too.  I know what happened to her won't happen to me but it sure makes me second guess my decision... Sorry for the vent... Had to get it off my chest... Hope it helps me feel relaxed again...

timmyc
on 7/26/12 7:17 am - NJ
This was the best thing I ever did. Follow the plan on eating. And drink your water and you will be fine. It is scary as you get closer to your date. But you are doing this for you and no one else. I have had no problems at all. You just have to make the right choices.

Bf516
on 7/26/12 7:19 am
I think we all have second thoughts, what ifs, & question ourselves.
It's human nature.
Not every individual case is the same so each surgery is different on each person.

As long as you have done your research & realize this is a tool and not a magic pill, I think you'll be fine.

Good luck
SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/26/12 7:52 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks for the reassurance.. I definitely know this is the right thing for me. I also know its a tool not magic... I plan on using my tool to the fullest!!

loverofcats
on 7/26/12 8:34 am
Focus on the positive and the reasons why you are doing this for yourself. Write them down, so that you can look at them, anytime that you begin to have doubts or anxiety level increases. Visualize yourself in your new body.  It is normal to experience some anxiety about the surgery.  You have a great surgeon!

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

MuttLover
on 7/26/12 9:00 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 Best wishes on your surgery!  It's hard to separate logic and emotion -- maybe a call to the doc's office to talk about what happened with you mom and have them talk to you about the possibiilty of you having the same things happen to you.  Then you'll have a more factual basis to decide it surgery is still the right thing for you. 

And if it is, then you will have made the most informed choice you can, given the information available to you.

Best of luck on your journey!
gabriellaz
on 7/26/12 9:48 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
It is normal to feel this way. Especially when the time is near because it finally becomes a reality Prayers and a positive attitude helped greatly the day of Surgery and even after. You got this buddy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/26/12 9:59 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Awww thanks Gabbz!!!! I do feel better. I was just having a moment earlier.. I wanted my day to come for so long and now its just a few weeks away! This is reality time now! ((((HUGS)))) Can't wait to join you on the loser's bench I am so glad to have this forum to come to for support and advice from people who understand...

pineview01
on 7/26/12 3:08 pm - Davison, MI
  You just need a group hug.  You'll do fine because your doing a good thing for yourself.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/28/12 10:50 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
Awww thank you!! I know I will be just fine!! Just going through the emotions I guess. Thought I would be ok but I got the butterflies in the tummy sometimes. Its ok I am so ready for this! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views