That last 20lbs???

isabellarossellini
on 7/29/12 1:07 pm
 I'm wondering how long it took you to lose that last 20lbs.  Its been so frustrating lately, not only does it seem like I'm only losing around 5lbs a month now, but I've had a 3 week stall.  I have 20lbs left to lose to be at a normal BMI, and my goal weight and its driving me NUTS!!!!  This is my routine, I walk for an hour everyday.  I go to yoga, and spin once a week, and I run 40 mins 2 times a week and strength train 3 times.  I consume between 800-1400 calories a day.  Any advice???

goingforit1
on 7/29/12 1:24 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
My only advice is to keep the cals around 800 and carbs under 40. I'm trying to lose my last 20 as well and it is tough to see the loss slow down so much. But I figure I can only do what I can do and my body will react how it wants. I'm going to start training for a race to help my exercise motivation!
jolenecsky
on 7/29/12 1:30 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Try running for 2 min, walk for 5, run for 2, walk for five. That's like the best way to lose weight!

DOS: 8/15/12

slimpickins5280
on 7/29/12 1:40 pm - CO
I'm also working on my last 20-ish lbs.

I've watched a lot of VSG members lose it eventually. I've also noticed that the ones who didn't freak out and start trying all kinds of crazy "tricks" to get it off usually lost the weight faster.

That said, take this time to re-evaluate your die****er intake and exercise. Try doing little things, like adding 1-2 more glasses of water, upping your protein, lowering your carbs, adding in 30 minutes more exercise.

We'll get there.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

frisco
on 7/29/12 2:22 pm
On July 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM Pacific Time, slimpickins5280 wrote:
I'm also working on my last 20-ish lbs.

I've watched a lot of VSG members lose it eventually. I've also noticed that the ones who didn't freak out and start trying all kinds of crazy "tricks" to get it off usually lost the weight faster.

That said, take this time to re-evaluate your die****er intake and exercise. Try doing little things, like adding 1-2 more glasses of water, upping your protein, lowering your carbs, adding in 30 minutes more exercise.

We'll get there.

This is about what it took for me to lose the last 20......

I will add two more things......

- Cals around 600

- Fight for it !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/29/12 9:28 pm - NY
I've been trying to do the same thing for quite awhile. After several months it just seems easier to stop and try at maintenance since that's what's happening anyhow (for me, at least). The motivation you guys give though can help push us back on track out of maintenance towards losing that last part. Thanks for the cheerleading and support!
 ~~Emily~~

Pkrplyr777
on 7/29/12 7:23 pm - CT
Oh the dicipline (sigh)
If only I could reach in and pull out just a little more (big sigh)
I'm fighting for just another 2 lbs but cant seem to dicipline myself enough to get there.
Friscos got the right of it.
But I've found that a lot of walking to my usual running/weights rutine helps.
Just cant seem to stop the summer fun long enough to get it done,

good luck,
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Crabadams72
on 7/29/12 10:28 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I stayed between 600-800 cals until I hit goal. I lost consistently and I'm a yr out and 20 pounds below that number. I'm just now going above 1000 calories. I see people in maintenance around 1200-1400 calories (of course gender and activity levels make a difference).

It will come off but it takes work. You can do it!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

happyteacher
on 7/29/12 11:50 pm
 I am in the same spot as you are, although my monthly averages have been doing well.  My weight loss pattern changed.  No weight loss for 7-20 days, then a week of rapid loss, then back to the no loss for 7-20 days.  One thing that keeps me sane is using the report feature on myfitnesspal.com  You can check progress and set it to 30 days... I always have a good totla for a 30 day snapshot.  It keeps me from getting hung up on the daily weighing.

I also noticed my calories were spikng a couple weeks ago.  I was all of a sudden really hungry all of the time.  Kevin posted on a unrelated thread about the PPI for a newbie, and I realized that perhaps an increase in acid production could be the culprit.  I started the ppi (I had zero heartburn) and my calories immediately dropped by a couple hundred calories and my hunger returned to normal.  

Drop your calories to under 1200 if you can.  Add protein and liquids- alwasy seems to help me :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

frisco
on 7/30/12 8:08 am

"Most" people (This is where you have to figure out if your in a most category or a not so most category)

Most people I've seen on this board can't lose the last 20 on a "liberal" 1000-1200 calorie plan without "Extreme Athletic" activity.

I can tell you for sure...... 100% that I would have never made goal on a 1000-1200 plan...... those are low end maintenance numbers for many.

The last 20 for most is where your body requires much less caloric intake than when you first started post op...... your body is much leaner and much more efficient and doesn't have to push around 100+ additional pounds.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op