2 weeks post op

jayla_love
on 7/30/12 12:46 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
ok so today is my 2 week surgerversery.. I get to start puree foods today (yay) I still have some soreness and I am still tired all the time.  trying to force myself to get enough water but it is still hard.  The scale has not moved in a week but I think its water weight.. my ankles swell up during work hours (I sit at a computer all day)  I do try to walk a bit every couple of hours on my breaks but since I am so tired all the time it is hard to walk for more than 10 mins.  Today I will try tuna (not a big fan) for lunch... we will see how it goes
Sinlaila
on 7/30/12 12:51 am - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

Take it very slow and very tiny bites & chew, chew, chew. Don't be surprized if 1 or 2 bites are all you can get in at first.  Cottage cheese was much easier for me to start out with than tuna.  When I did tuna, I mixed it with a lot of mustard and a tiny bitof mayo. Keeping it very moist worked best.
I will be at 7 weeks post op tomorrow and am just now starting to get my energy back. It takes time for your body to heal so baby it and allow it the time it needs.  You will do great!

Huney
on 7/30/12 1:03 am
I was so looking forward to today. I think I dreamed about scrambled eggs all night, lol. I got to have a soft scrambled egg today for the first time. Took 2 bites, FULL. I love me some tuna with FAGE yogurt and a little celery seasoning powder and pepper. YUM. Havent had any since before surgery, but looking forward to tuna.
jayla_love
on 7/30/12 1:04 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
yeah I really don't like cottage cheese more than I dont like tuna..lol  we will see how it goes.. tomorrow I will try eggs.. don;t want to try too many things at once.. did I mention that my stitches itch like crazy?
Feystorm
on 7/30/12 1:58 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 go to eggface's blog and find some recipes.  I am not a cook - but I tell you the experimentation has been worth the flavor.  

Also - I remember at two weeks out, I needed an afternoon power nap.  I would suggest trying to take a nap with your feet slightly elevated after work.  THEN do your walk with the extra energy you find after the nap - it will get your blood flowing again, and trust me, it is easier to do after even a 20 minute nap then after a long day!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

jayla_love
on 7/30/12 5:21 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
tuna was a success , I blended it with low fat mayo and a hard boiled egg and water.. ate about 3 tablespoons over the course of 45 mins.. was really hard not to drink anything along with it though.. but all in all my first puree was a success.. and there is still a bunch leftover..  next up... eggs
Marena G.
on 7/30/12 5:54 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12
I had re fried beans and fat free sour cream on my first day, and a Buffalo chicken dip (chicken very finely chopped).  It was delicious.  I don't like cottage cheese or tuna so I was destined to find me something yummy. 

jayla_love
on 7/30/12 6:43 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
don't like refried beans either plus the gas thing is still an issue.. my doc said nothing spicy for a long while either so no buffalo chicken or salsa or red peppers or cajun seasoning
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 12:34 pm
Thanks for all the ideas gang! I am looking forward to purees next week!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views