Experiences...

ValentineCharmer
on 7/31/12 11:43 am - TX
 So, I'm coming up on 7 weeks or so and I couldn't be happier about the decision I made to have the surgery.  My mother and sister have also had the surgery with wonderful success.  

In these seven weeks I've lost nearly forty pounds.  Nothing short of fantastic.  I'm excited about the changes it has made forme not only in what I can fit into but NSVs like fitting in the airplane seat belt instead of hiding the fact that I wasn't able to fasten it.

I know in the beginning you are able to eat very little and that with time consumption becomes easier.  I have questions regarding others experiences with surgery and consumption.  In all honesty I am able to get my shakes in but not my water consumption.  When it comes to food the easiest thing for me to resort to is my yogurt and sugar free Popsicles.  When trying to eat tuna, fish, or any protein I find it hard.  Sometimes just the idea of eating I feel like I'm full up to my throat.  If I do eat I commonly get a feeling of like when you eat too fast and it gets stuck and of course you want to run to your water to fix the feeling which you aren't able.  I feel like the full feeling is honestly in my head and the feeling of choking while very real is not from eating too quickly.  I experience it with eating two bites of tilapia.  I get bubbles, have to regurgitate it, or just slimeys.

I just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this.

Thanks for listening!

Good

HW314 / SW292 / CW196.6 / GW175

njhanibal
on 7/31/12 12:26 pm - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
Scary, sounds just like me.

ksommer08
on 7/31/12 12:45 pm - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
I'm 5 weeks out and I have the exact same problem. I feel like I can't eat anywhere near what I should be able to and I constantly get the foamies or stuck feeling or even throw up from just a few bites of food. I was at my clinic today because I've been way below my calories and protein for several days now because of nausea and the other symptoms. They checked and there's nothing wrong with my stomach and I'm supposedly eating all the right things. They had me slow down even more to eat. Set a timer and give a full 3 minutes between each bite, measure my proper portion and don't worry about limiting meal times at the moment. It seemed to work better, but 3/4 of my meal was cold.

ValentineCharmer
on 7/31/12 6:35 pm - TX
 Thank you both for your feedback.  Any one experience pain in their back on one side or the other?  I tend to get it in the same place each time on my right side.  I can't stretch it out and sitting for longer periods in a car or plane seems to bring it on more.  I googled it and found a forum post from 2010 talking about back pain and how your muscles are just readjusting.  I would think I would have a 'super strong core' with all the extra stomach weight I use to have.  I tried getting feedback from the doctor's office but never recieved a call back (from a week ago).  Anyone have this problem who got an answer from the doctor's office?

HW314 / SW292 / CW196.6 / GW175

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 202 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 286 views