Made it to 1 year... Yep, I included pics.

quintons_mommy200

on 8/1/12 12:12 pm
Before... Highest known weight was 343.6

And now.. This was yesterday... I range from 171-175 depending on the day..

I had my one year appointment with my surgeon. We discussed my issues with having some anxiety over the anniversary of my leak and how I felt about that. He also said some patients have issues at their one year mark because they are usually at or close to goal and start to panic about this chapter being "over". He compared it to having a baby and post partum depression or similar feelings that come along with a whole bunch of build up to an "ending" that ultimately means this is your new life and the excitement is over. I thought he was nuts at first, but it does make sense... as you lose weight, people talk about it, want to know about it, want to praise you for it... but then, when you're just an average sized person and it becomes your normal, there isn't much left to talk about, and people get uncomfortable. He said that he also has seen people who panic at the thought of not seeing their surgeon regularly as appointments become less frequent and they're uncomfortable about not having the reassurance and approval that we all get from our surgeons as we lose.

Every bit of that made sense to me, and so I agreed when he suggested I see the in house counselor to see if that is useful to me.

Otherwise, all is well... leak issues are over as far as I can tell. I have a few jobs now, and am almost done with my double bachelors. All in all, not too many complaints...

Oh, and in case anyone is curious.. the guy in the white in the recent picture is husband (same husband in the old pic, but with much less hair)... other guy is one of my best friends. We have an ongoing joke about pictures of me with the both of them because every time I post on facebook with a picture of me and him without husband, people comment on how he's cute and that they're telling my husband... guessing they won't get far with that one... :)

Hope all is well for everyone else!

Feystorm
on 8/1/12 12:17 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 You look great!  Wonderful pics!

I was blown away by what your doctor said.  To be honest, I think he is absolutely right, I just hadn't thought of it that way before.  As I get closer to goal, I get really nervous about it - and I couldn't place the anxiety.  Thank you for posting about your conversation with him.  I think that he is right on the money, and I will keep that in mind as I move closer. 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

sunnie41
on 8/1/12 12:18 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
my gracious, you look wonderful...and so happy
Ohiogirl
on 8/1/12 12:22 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I don't think I would recognize you from the first pic to last one.  What a journey for you!  Thanks for sharing.
Prple
on 8/1/12 12:24 pm - VA
VSG on 07/17/12 with
 Wow.... You look fabulous!

sunnymicki
on 8/1/12 12:27 pm
Wow, you have so much to be proud of!  What an absolute transformation! 

And thanks for sharing what your surgeon said - some very good thoughts to ponder in there!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/12 12:29 pm
VSG on 04/16/12
 WOW WOW WOW you look AMAZING!!!! 
AmberK
on 8/1/12 12:33 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks for that info, I found it to be really helpful! Thanks for the clarification on the pic, lol, I thought that instead of sister wives, y'all might have brother husbands! LOL           Congrats on your year of success, you are an inspiration! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

julielamartz
on 8/1/12 12:58 pm - Kendallville, IN
You look Amazing!!!!
Tomorrow I go for my 1st appointment after my sleeve. I haven't weight myself yet, so I'm very excited to see my results.
how long after did you get the leak? what happened?

Speak2me
on 8/1/12 12:47 pm
FABULOUS!!! AND Amber i was thinking the same thing..brother husbands lol...seriously though congrat u look FABULOUS !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views