Leg Cramps anyone else have these OR know why?...

roxyrocks808
on 8/5/12 1:52 am, edited 8/5/12 2:00 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
I've been getting some really bad leg cramps mostly at night. I have to walk them off to get them to go away so not sleeping much! Anyone else have this problem or know why I may be having these?

Jewelz13
on 8/5/12 1:54 am - TX
I've been having them due to my
Pre op diet. It's a lack in some sort of vitamin. I think potassium. Eat banana or take supplement. Hope this helps!!
Catmama
on 8/5/12 2:01 am - NV
My husband has leg cramps at night, and it helps if he does some stretching exercises before bed and ups his potassium.  He'll eat a banana for a snack and that seems to help.

Greg M.
on 8/5/12 2:03 am - Cincinnati, OH
Statin drugs like Lipator, Zocor, Tricor can cause leg cramps.  Any chance you are taking one or more of these drugs?

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

roxyrocks808
on 8/5/12 2:07 am, edited 8/5/12 2:08 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
No meds! And taking all my vit getting my recommended protein so WTH not sure what I am lacking guess I'll ask my doc tomorrow because it's been going on for a couple weeks and is painful!

erikalea1970
on 8/5/12 2:15 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
My NUT just talked about these at support group - he said they were often a symptom of dehydration.  That may or may not be your situation, but he was especially focusing on water intake issues this month because of the heat & humidity.

Hope you figure this out and get some sleep!
"Failure is not an option" - Apollo 13   

Paul5678
on 8/5/12 2:29 am - United Kingdom
It can be:

Overexercise
Low sodium
Low potassium
Varicose veins
Lipid lowering drugs
Blocking of arteries in the legs around the knees - I'm being investigated for this

Hope this helps.
C. Harvey
on 8/5/12 2:45 am
VSG on 01/11/12
I get them constantly...atleast one a night...I always have though, even before surgery. Leg cramps can mean you are lacking in vitamin intake, potassium, magnesium, even B12.

Sinlaila
on 8/5/12 3:13 am - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

I was getting them almost every night as well.  I started drinking G2 or Zero Poweraide before bed to get in the electrolytes and it seems to have done the trick.  You might want to give it a try.

AimingLow
on 8/5/12 3:15 am - HI
VSG on 07/11/12
I get really bad leg cramps at night too. I've also noticed if I've had a particularly bad night, the next day I'm a lot more susceptible to them as well. For me, it's almost always related to dehydration. I'll look back on my food logs and realize I didn't get enough fluids the day before. When I was on blood pressure meds, I also noticed I'd get them more often when they added a water pill to the mix. Try drinking more water and see if it helps you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views